Chapter 3

I walked away to my own room, couldn't help but wonder over Chay and the fellow I had seen earlier today.

It clearly seemed like a rebound. Chay couldn't get over Kim? I thought he seemed to have gotten over him. Could that also explain why he hated coming here? How come he was still here anyways?

I suddenly stopped in my tracks, wondering if he needed a ride home. I turned to go back towards the music room when I bumped into Chay 2 doors down.

"Phi, yes?"

"Did you need a ride home? I can ask one of the guards to send you. I can also get Porsche to do it."

"Uhhh no... its.. uh.."

Chay kept stuttering. I waited patiently though it was wearing me thin. I looked at him hard and he finally stuttered out;

"P Korn had asked me to stay over.. for the night... he didn't seem like someone.. I can say no to. So I'm sleeping over tonight, hope it's ok.."

I smiled thinking of how he found it hard to say no to my father. He wasn't wrong. Nobody could hardly say no to him.

"No issues. I am fine with you staying. Porsche must be thrilled. I just thought you perhaps needed a ride home and was shy to ask."

"Uh no no.." Chay waved his hands at my words, stressing he was fine. I nodded and said I would make my way back. I told him to be safe. I took 2 steps away then suddenly stopped.

"Where's your room at?"

"It's at the other side. The other wing?" Chay answered hesitantly.

"Let me walk you over then. Its almost 11pm. I know its home but I don't want your safety to be compromised. Come on.."

Chay nodded at me, his face just blushing irrecovably. It was a quiet walk between us. The Manor was divided into 4 wings so each wing had its own array of rooms. Even though they were all connected by hallways, it was still quite a walk between each. Just as we were walking, the alarm went off.

"Stop. There's an intruder in the house." I immediately took out my gun and pushed Chay behind me as I surveyed the place. I called the boys on my phone and everyone started fanning out. 2 came running to me, including Porsche. I told Porsche to send his brother back to his room and he nodded grimly. Chay looked at me before he left.

I went down the hallway, surveying the place. We checked the rooms one by one. Just then, the security house called me with some disturbing issues. The intruder had actually broken into the house from the room Chay was going to be in and was still in the room bidding his time. Shit.

I ran as fast as I could and I caught up with Chay and Porsche just before they entered the room. I put my finger to my lips and quickly filled Porsche in. I could feel Chay's eyes growing bigger and he stepped back a bit.

I opened the door stealthily and went in, switching on the lights. The curtains were fluttering in the soft winds and casting shadows against the moonlight. I ran up to the balcony and saw a lone figure running away. I quickly informed the security. The fellow must have taken a break for it once he had heard more voices outside the room. Both brothers came in and I turned to see them; one steely eyed and determined, one wide eyed and shaking slightly in fear.

I nodded at both, assuring everything was ok. Porsche sighed a quiet sigh of relief and Chay just looked on quietly, his face betraying his emotions. He was scared. It was obvious.

I looked at Porsche discreetly who looked over at Chay.

"Come on Chay. Let's get you ready. It's all OK na, Phi is here. Trust me. I stay with you if you want ok."

Murmuring softly to him, Porsche got him ready for bed. I slipped out of the room, just sitting quietly in the chair outside. A little while later, Porsche came out.

"Is he ok?"

"He will be. He just needs some time."

"Aren't you staying over?"

"You want him to kill me? He chased me out stressing he would be fine. But I don't feel too good. So I may sit out here."

I nodded. "You can go back to Vegas. I will be here. I keep an eye on him ok?"

"You sure, you don't have to, you know? I can do it."

"I know you can. But if he came out, he will probably chase you away. He wouldn't dare do it to me, will he?"

Porsche laughed, knowing I had a point. He nodded and went off, asking me to call him if anything. I agreed and sat down quietly. The hours ticked by and the night settled down. Around 2am, Chay came out of the room surprised to find me outside.

"Phi Kinn, what are you doing here?"

"Just hanging out."

Chay stared at me curiously.

"Hanging out? Wait, did P Porsche ask you to keep an eye on me? You didn't have to, you know."

"I wanted to. Porsche wanted to also but we also knew you would chase him away. Why are you up?"

"I wanted to get a drink Phi. The jug in my room is empty."

I followed Chay as he went to get a drink and back to his room.

"Rest well"

"Phi..you..should.. go back?" Chay uttered softly and hesitantly. I nodded firmly, disagreeing.

"I be fine. You head in and sleep. Go on now."

Chay looked at me, nodding. He turned to go but before he did, he turned around one more time.

"Thank you Phi. For tonight and earlier."

I nodded at him, watching him as he went in, happy because he was safe. And sad also because he was hurting. Thanks to stupid Kim!