Chapter 4

I laid down on the bed, thinking about everything that had happened today. Kim had been running through my mind the whole day until this last bit with the intruder. I admit, I was scared shitless. Despite Porsche and Kinn being there, it still frightened me at the prospect of having been in the room alone with him had they not been informed earlier.

I sighed as it hit me once again that Porsche was tying himself to such a life because of me. I couldn't wait to graduate, get a job and be able to support us, so I can bring him away from this scary fearful life. I will bring P Vegas away too though that will be a hard battle but I will try.

I tossed and turned, unable to sleep as my thoughts started straying to P Kinn who was sitting outside. He didn't have to and yet he did. I sighed softly. I got up from bed and went out. He was still seated outside, just looking at his phone. The minute he had heard me unlock the door, he stood up.

"Is everything ok? What do you want?"

"Nothing Phi. I wanted to ask you to come inside and sleep."

Kinn shook his head, disagreeing firmly.

"Look Phi, if anyone really wanted to come and he did, you will be able to hear him from inside or out. Its 3am and its super cold. Please come inside and rest. I would feel abit better."

Kinn looked at me thoughtfully before agreeing. He came in and sat on the day bed and told me to go on and sleep. I agreed this time, knocking out quickly. I woke up around 8am in the morning and found Kinn missing. I sat up, wiping my eyes blearily and looking around. The room still looked the same, it was as if Kinn was never here.

I showered, changed and went out. As I was walking down the hallway, I heard some screams coming from a particular room. I peeped in to see Kinn whipping away at a guy who was topless and wincing away in pain. Despite the whipping, screaming and cries of pain, I saw him just holding out still. I was horrified. I looked at Kinn who had a steely cold look in his eyes, determined to bring out maximum pain in his prisoner.

The guards were standing but just then Big saw me. He signalled to Kinn who turned and saw me. I quickly walked away and decided to leave. I had walked off about 5 steps when Kinn had caught up with me.

"Chay!" He called out, holding onto my wrist. I turned to see him and looked down, noting the blood on his hands. My blood ran cold and I instantly pulled my hands away. Kinn looked stricken and apologised but I wasn't hearing it.

"I..be going Phi.." I just stuttered out and fled, not turning even once to look at Kinn. Porsche tried calling me for the rest of the day but I refused to pick up. He came by the house too but I locked myself in my room and refused to see him.

This was horrifying. I knew they didn't show me a lot of things and kept multiple secrets from me but to see it.. Why? Why did we have to be involved in this life?

I laid down, my tears coming down hard and fast. Just then, I heard my door bell ring again. I sighed. Was it Porsche again?

I went downstairs to look through the peephole and realized it was Kinn. What was he doing here? Did I really want to see him again?

Against my better judgement, I opened the door. He stood there, dressed in a simple black shirt, pants and shoes.

"Can we speak?"

I nodded and let him in. I got him a drink and sat down opposite him.

"I'm sorry about what you saw earlier. It's the guy who had broken into the house and I was trying to find out who had sent him. I...am sorry for what you saw. But it's something you will see often if you come by. So I need to say sorry in advance."

I looked up, stunned by his honesty. He really didn't mince his words, did he?

"I know you hate seeing Porsche with us. But I cannot deny he's my best and with him around, we all feel safer. But if you really feel strongly, tell me and I will send your brother back to you. This is our life and it wouldn't change. But it doesn't mean you have to face it with us too."

I looked at Kinn who just looked me straight in the eye as he said it. I could sense his sincerity. I sighed. Even if I wanted Porsche to come back, he wouldn't. Especially not with Vegas in the picture now.

"Even if I wanted to, Porsche wouldn't come back. I can only hope when I'm done studying, he will want to come back. But I.. I cannot stand the things I saw today.. let it end with my brother. I want no part of it. I wouldn't come by anymore and I hope everyone can stop forcing me on it..."

Kinn nodded intently at my words. A little while later, he stood up.

"Thanks for hearing me out. Take care Chay."

"You too Phi Kinn. And please look after my brother."

He nodded firmly and left. I just watched as he walked away, fading into the night.