Chapter 5

I was in a meeting when Porsche kept receiving calls on his phone consistently. He rejected the first 2 but it kept coming.

"Stop the meeting. Porsche, answer the damn call please." I snarled at him. Porsche bowed apologetically to me and went out to answer the call. I continued with the meeting but Porsche never came back. About 40 minutes later, when I was done, I went out and saw Porsche was missing. Ken and Big were there instead and told me that Porsche had to rush off to the hospital as Chay had gotten unto an accident.

I gripped my hands tightly and asked them on which hospital it was. Since I had no more meetings for the day, I went down straight to the hospital. I bumped into Porsche who was waiting for Chay at the A&E.

"What happened?"

"He was hurt by some guy. Some guy named Shin. Wait till I get hold of that dickhead."

"Is it serious?"

"Not too sure. He's still inside receiving treatment."

"OK. Calm down first. Let's wait to hear more before we do anything."

Porsche nodded tersely, with Vegas joining us a little while later. Vegas wrapped his arms around Porsche and held onto him tightly. I flicked an eye at this sight and an odd feeling rose within me. I guess you could call it envy and loneliness. Envy because I never could enjoy this and loneliness because I do not have such a special partner.

I tore my eyes away from them and focused on the door. A little while later, Chay came out, sporting bruises all over his face and his left wrist wrapped up. Porsche went over to him instantly.

"What happened?!"

"Phi..."

"Tell me the truth na.."

Chay kept quiet, not wanting to say anything. I looked at him and it suddenly hit me.

"Is it that guy from before?" I uttered. Chay looked at me shocked that I still recalled. He nodded at me. That man was a dead duck sitting. I clenched my fists tightly. Porsche looked at us both and went, "Who is this guy? How come Kinn knows about him?"

I sighed, looking at Chay. "You better tell him the truth. It's not fair you hide it from him at all."

Chay was quiet for a while before finally dragging Porsche to one side and telling him what happened. I saw Porsche pinching his nose bridge in frustration and looking like as if he wanted to plummel that fellow but Chay held him back.

They came back and I could hear Porsche nagging at Chay to stay in our house till he got better. Before Chay could respond, I jumped in.

"I think best not to. As it is, he doesn't like what we do and it often happens in the house. We can beef up security at his own place or Porsche, stay with him till he's better."

Porsche agreed, picking the 2nd idea. It allowed him to spend time with Chay too , a win for all. Vegas offered to stay over too, not wanting to be away from Porsche and I just rolled my eyes.

Porsche and Vegas went to get the cars whilst I stood there with Chay.

"Phi.."

"Yes Chay?"

"I'm sorry."

'Whatever for?"

"I feel like you are upset and it's because of me."

I looked over at Chay. I kept quiet for a bit before finally muttering

"There is no reason for me to be upset at you."

With that, I turned away, not letting the subtle change of my facial expressions and gripping hands give me away.

[Chay's POV]

Colour me stupid but I know I saw a hint of his facial expression changing and along with his gripped fists, I could tell he was pissed as hell. However, he appeared to be holding back for some reason. And I couldn't help but wonder if he was pissed at me.

The drive back home was silent. Porsche and Vegas drove back to my house whilst Kinn drove me back. When we got to my place, that's when all hell broke loose again.

For Shin was standing there, on my doorstep waiting for me. I shuddered when I saw him and instantly took a step back, bumping into Kinn. Kinn held onto my hand and pulled me back, shielding me from him. He looked over at Porsche and signalled.

Porsche instantly went up and without another warning, gave it to him right in the face. Kinn turned to look at me.

"Go sit in the car. If I let Porsche be, he may kill that fellow. I'm going to stop it but do not come out. Do you understand?"

I nodded, my eyes as big as a saucer and I sat in the car. I saw Kinn running back to Porsche and Shin who was trying to be pulled apart by Vegas too.

After much fanfare, the fight died down and I don't know what Kinn told him but I saw Shin's face change. It was as if a new found fear came over his face. He nodded and before going away, turned to look at me briefly.

Porsche, Kinn and Vegas came back towards the car. I got out and Porsche held onto me, scolding me for not telling him earlier about what Shin had done. I just held onto my brother tightly, sobbing. Vegas patted my head and went to open the door. Porsche pulled away and took me by my hand. I cast Kinn a final look briefly before going into the house.

For some reason, I wanted to stay behind to say thank you to Kinn but my stupid words failed me. I watched as Kinn drove away as I went into the house.