Chapter 10

I was just stunned over Chay's outburst. There was silence between us for a bit post my question. Just then, my phone rang and it was my father. I answered it, looking at Chay.

My dad wanted me to settle a pressing issue and I agreed. I hung up and looked at Chay.

"I got to go. Something is going down at the shipyard. I talk to you when I'm back. If you want to."

I turned to go when Chay stopped me. I didn't turn to look at him as he told me "Be careful Phi."

I nodded and left. The business deal between the mogul and me 2 days ago soured and now motherfucker was trying to move his shipment out quietly despite having surrendered it to me.

I took out my gun and my posse and I went blazing down.

"Did you really fucking think you can do whatever you want?" I screamed as I shot at the knees of P Thun. He screamed as he went down. He looked up at me defiantly.

"Did you really think I will let you get away with whatever you want? For once, you been tricked Kinn. As you are fighting here, I have people headed to yours. And I know you have some guests in your house. One very young promising untouched virginal man...."

I roared as I jumped onto P Thun, smashing in his face endlessly. It was a mess of blood, sweat, tears and mayhem I had faith the security team, Vegas, Porsche and everyone else would hold the fort well but I didn't want anything happening to Chay. I hope nothing did. That went through my mind constantly as I smashed P Thun in.

It wasn't the cleanest fight but I came away victoriously, shipment secured and P Thun, a former, a very slight former shadow of himself.

I sat on the floor, breathing hard, trying to will myself back into sanity. The phone rang and I answered it, for the first time, my heart worrying if anything untoward had happened. I breathed in deeply once I heard the news and made my way back.

I went back to be greeted by a pool of relieved faces to see me alive and me mirroring the same thing. My eyes flicked around and I finally saw the one person I was hoping was fine and safe. Chay looked at me from the steps and I looked back at him.

I flicked the blood away from my forehead and walked towards them. My father came towards me and I nodded. He knew instantly what I meant. He looked around at everyone.

"Everything is fine. Go back and rest for the night. We will convene tomorrow."

Everybody nodded. Porsche and Vegas came to me, querying if I was really ok. I nodded, filling them in. They too went off thereafter and Porsche told Chay to come on in too but Chay seemed reluctant. Porsche flicked a gaze towards me and his brother and sighed.

"Keep an eye on him Kinn. He's still a kid practically."

I nodded. Porsche went in with Vegas. Chay was still on the steps, looking at me. I went up to him.

"Ready to continue that conversation now?"

"You are an idiot, you know that."

I cocked my eyebrows at him. That was a first. Someone calling me an idiot. Nobody really ever dared to or even cross my path. But yet, this little minx.

And best part, I actually allowed him to. Tsk.