Chapter 11

"You are an idiot, you know that?"

I couldn't help but burst it out. Phi Kinn looked at me confused and then he just looked down at the ground. Finally, he just lifted his hand towards me. I just grabbed it and he pulled me towards him.

Phi Kinn took me in a hug that just made me feel all kinds of emotions. I couldn't specify if I was feeling happy, excited or nervous or just thankful he's alive and in my arms. I had never felt this way when P Shin had hugged me. When P Kim had hugged me, I felt that first butterfly but this...this feeling or feelings were entirely different. I couldn't place my finger on them.

P Kinn held onto me tightly and I just rested my head on his shoulder.

"Are you ok?"

"I am."

"They threatened to hurt you. P Thun. He fucking threatened to hurt you. I couldn't have that happening. Do you know how worried I was knowing you were here and I wasn't?"

"I am fine P; are you ok? I worried when you took off like that. It made me scared. I was worried if you would come back. I hate feeling this way. I know its your life. Its always going to be like this but the fear is so real. Its so scary, you know."

There was just silence between us for a bit until we heard this awkward cough. We broke away and that's when the 2nd biggest shock of my life was waiting for me. I thought seeing P Shin on my door step was bad enough.

I guess seeing P Kim standing at the entrance just took the cake. I glanced over at P Kinn who was stunned to see P Kim.

"Kim... you didn't tell us you were coming back?"

"I had a break, decided to come see you guys and also make things right with him." P Kim muttered softly, gesturing towards me.

My eyes opened big, stunned at this relevation. I felt Kinn's hands slip off mine. I turned to see him. His composure was finally cracking.

"Make things right?"

"Yea P. I came back to straighten out things between us."

Kim's eyes were firmly on me at all times, but mine were on Kinn who was just looking straight ahead at Kinn.

If Kim had come back any other day, I would have been happy to hear that. But for some reason, thus time, it didn't make me happy. In fact, all I wished was, for him to go back to wherever he came from.

There was this silence brewing all around until Kim asked.

"What were you guys doing? It looked like you were hugging.."

I kept quiet; looking down finally. Kinn was stupefied. For once, I didn't hear a single word from him. Kim kept looking at us. I finally looked at Kim.

"It's good you are back. You..should spend time with your family Phi. But there's nothing....between us to straighten out anymore. It is what it is and we should.... leave it as it is."

Kim looked at me stunned. Trust me, it took me alot to get all of that out. I always thought when Kim came back and if he did, I would go running back to him, fighting for my feelings for him.

But today, he was finally here and I didn't do any of that. In fact, I didn't even want to go back to him. He's my love of god knows how many years and yet my heart didn't shake when I saw him.

I thought I would go back to him when I saw him but yet, my feet stood where it was, my eyes weren't even on him, my heart remained passively calm seeing him. Seeing him was like seeing another of my uni mates; nothing more or less.

But, knowing P Kinn was stricken, seeing his brother here, was tearing me apart. All I knew was, I wanted to be by his side, comforting him but suddenly I felt like a gulf had just separated us again.

And that gulf was Kim, standing there like a rock.