Chapter 14

I took a shower, changed and nursed a glass of whisky as I looked out from the balcony.

My eyes kept glancing towards my mobile phone, itching to call Chay. Porsche's words kept swirling in my head,

"Don't you love Chay?"

Chay's words kept swirling in my head,

"Don't I mean anything to you Phi?"

Kim's words kept swirling in my head,

"Why are you trying to steal the one I love?"

I really wished I could do what would be the right thing, one that would make everyone happy; impossible.

And more importantly, would I be happy?

I had always led my life, looking out for others. I didn't want to hurt Kim, definitely not Porsche and most importantly Chay. Especially him.

Just then, my phone rang. It was Chay. I picked it up quickly, muttering a breathless Hello.

"Chay.."

"Phi.."

"Are you ok?"

"I am. Are you back in your room?"

"I am. You?"

"Can you open the door then?"

What?! I quickly grabbed my glass, going back into my room, rushing to the door. I opened it, to see Chay standing here, dressed in a t shirt, jacket and a pair of shorts, barefeet.

"What are you doing..."

"It's cold Phi" Chay muttered, wrapping his jacket around him.

"Come in. Come." Chay walked in hesitantly.

"Do you want a drink? I could get you a soda." Chay laughed.

"Phi, I know I am young but I can still nurse a glass of whisky. I'm legal enough for that."

"It's not that.. I just don't want.."

"Me drinking around you because you worry people may think you influenced me right?" Chay uttered lowly.

I looked at him; was I that obvious? He smiled, just patting my hand gently and heading to the balcony.

"Chay, you are here now? I don't want Porsche to.."

"I told him I was coming over. I just went to speak to Kim and came here."

"You went to speak to Kim?"

"Yea. I had to make it clear. In case he didn't get it and now I'm here to make it clear to you."

I moved from the entrance of the balcony to being next to him. I looked at him, debating between standing closer or further. Chay answered my doubt by inching closer to me.

"Phi, whom am I to you? How do you see me?"

"I don't understand your question Chay."

"Do you see me as a friend, Porsche's brother or as your own brother or someone entirely different and more?"

I looked at him, my previous words coming to mind. Hell, he wasn't a brother. The only brother he needed was Porsche. I blew out air in and out, as I looked at him and back at the sky. Chay waited patiently. I had to give him that much credit. He waited patiently as I kept glancing around.

I finally muttered,

"You aren't a brother to me Chay. I can't seem to see you that way."

Chay kept quiet, looking at me.

"I wish I can say more but I don't really know how to.."

Chay shot me a soft small smile.

"I tell you then Phi. I don't need another brother. I have Porsche. He's enough. Even if I had other brothers, you wouldn't make the list. I cannot see you as my brother.

I..P Kinn, I like you. The way I used to like P Kim. I really do, in fact the feelings I had for him and have for you are different. For him, my feelings seemed superficial.

With you, it seems to run deeper. I hate everything you do Phi. And yet, I don't think of asking you to stop any of it because this is you. I just want to know if you feel the same way about me."

Chay turned away from me, blushing deeply. I saw his body shivering slightly. I shrugged off my jacket and put it on him.

He looked at the jacket around him and just smiled.

"Silly Phi."

"Huh? Aren't you cold?"

"I am. But still, silly Phi."

I looked at him, his back facing me. I instantly knew what he meant. Question is, did I want to express it? There was no going back if I did express it. Chay will be my ride or die. Even if it meant digging a grave with Kim in it. He just held onto the jacket. I took a step away, turning towards the entrance. Chay clocked my movement but didn't say anything. I chose to walk towards the balcony's doors, but stopped.

Damn. Fuck.

I turned back to him. I saw him wiping a tear away from his eyes as he turned to face the sky. I just went forward and wrapped my arms tightly around him. Chay snagged in my hold and turned to me.

I cradled his face gently in my hands and lifted his face up to look at me.

"I be dammed if I still don't tell you how I feel. You don't need me as a brother. I cannot see you as one. The things I want to do to you isn't as one. I take back my stupid comment about seeing you as a brother. I want what the girl thought of us, I want us to be together."

Chay sobbed, leaning his head on me. He had been incredibly brave the entire time, confessing, fighting Kim for me and holding his ground. The least I could do, is be honest.

I hugged him tightly, kissing the side of his head gently. Chay dropped the jacket in the process of hugging me back. But heck, he had the actual person in his arms, why would he want a jacket?

I held onto him tightly. There was silence between us for a bit, just enhanced further by the stillness of the night. We finally pulled away and I wiped his tears for him.

He looked at me, a soft smile playing on his lips. I gently caressed his lips with my fingers and I saw him shudder slightly.

"Still cold?"

Chay shook his head no.

"Then why are you shuddering?"

Chay looked at me and blushed even more deeply. I tried it again and he shuddered again. I fought to keep the smirk off my face and to not jump on him. Chay was getting turned on by my touches.

I caressed his jawline lightly and he closed his eyes. I leaned in way closer than I should and kissed his nose slightly.

"Phi!" He gasped in shock. I finally pulled away, the smirk playing up full blown on my face. He smacked me lightly on my chest.

I just grabbed his hand and kissed it. His face blushed even more deeply. I laughed for once, seeing his agony.

"Chay, do you know what you are doing?"

Chay looked at me for a long while, reminding me briefly of Porsche again.

"I choose you Phi. I want you. That's what I want. Do you know what you are doing?"

I nodded.

"Good, then it's all settled. Porsche may nag tomorrow but we will figure it out."

I laughed again, loudly this time as I grabbed Chay back in my arms again!