Chapter 1

"I heard Chay will be in town? Do you want him to stay here, Porsche? He can. The house is huge anyways and you can see him."

"No, it's fine. He doesn't like what I do for a living. He will be livid if he's asked to stay here. He's going to be in our own house. I have sent people to clean it already."

I nodded as I continued leafing through my documents. Porsche has been working as my bodyguard for about 2 years now. His brother Porchay was studying in University just 2 hours away from our place. However he stayed on campus and only came to visit during semester breaks. I knew he didn't like what Porsche did for a living and often told him to leave it. However, Porsche was adamant as it paid for Chay's university studies plus he had an additional reason; Vegas. This idiotic Porsche started dating Vegas 6 months ago and since then, we have become closer, more close knit. I hated it as it meant I had to talk to Vegas but as businessmen and being in the Mafia, it definitely strengthened our standing.

And to be honest, lovesick Vegas wasn't a bad idea. He was more amicable and level headed. And he always kept looking at Porsche with those damn puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes thinking about this idiocy.

I finished looking through the documents and then looked up, realizing Porsche was telling me something.

"So, he will join us for dinner. That's OK right? I told him he couldn't be ungrateful and to do at least one meal with us."

"Okays...."

I muttered hesitantly, knowing I didn't hear anything. Porsche glared at me, knowing I hadn't been listening.

"Chay. Chay is coming for dinner tonight."

Ah, so that was what he had been going on about. I smiled sheepishly and stood up, wanting to go off to my room to get ready to go out for some plans. I didn't often eat dinner at home and everyone knew that. I showered, changed and was heading out when I bumped into Chay at the entrance an hour later.

"Owh, Phi Kinn. Hello." Chay bowed respectfully to me.

"Chay. How have you been?"

"Good Phi."

"Ok, head in. Porsche is waiting for you."

Chay nodded and went in. He was still a good kid, though he hated what we did for a living, he never once disrespected us and always treated us with respect. I turned back to see and he had disappeared into the hallway. I went off to meet my toyboy Sun for the night, spending hours of intoxicated fun with him and coming back around 2am.

I wobbled in, abit hapzardly but nary a care as I knew everyone was in their own rooms. I went to the dining hall to get a drink and got a heart attack when I saw Chay sitting there, having a drink with his brother.

"Uh.."

"Are you drunk?"

I looked at Porsche, glaring at him. He didn't tell me Chay was going to be around. I would have come back more put together if I knew. I just nodded at them and fled the room as dignified as I could. I heard Porsche laughing but not a peep from Chay.

I woke up the next morning, head throbbing as usual. I showered, changed and got ready for the day. I went down and bumped into Porsche who smiled at me again knowingly. I nearly took out my gun on him and he just waved his hands off and disappeared.

I was immersed in my work for the rest of the day and had a couple of meetings to attend to. I was driving back home when I saw Chay on the streets, going somewhere. I briefly contemplated stopping to give him a ride but thoughts of last night came to mind and oh, that was embarrassing. Heck no.

I continued driving but saw in the rear view mirror that someone started hassling him. Chay looked pissed and tried to walk away but the fellow was persistent. I quickly stopped the car by the side and walked towards them. Both were oblivious to my presence and then I went,

"Hey! What are you doing? Hands off him!"

Both turned around in shock. Chay saw me and went "Phi!", quickly scurrying over to me. He stood behind me and I looked at him briefly.

"You ok Chay? Who is he?"

Chay kept quiet for a bit.

"Chay, I asked who he is."

"My boyfriend, Phi. I..we ended things before semester break but he doesn't seem to take no for an answer."

I was stunned as I took in the information. I took a good look at the guy who was in front of me. He definitely didn't look like the guy whom Chay would date, he had a rugged appeal about him, bordering between Kim and Porsche. I sighed softly.

"He already said you guys broke up. Why are you still pestering him?"

The guy glared and asked me on whom the fuck I was. He threatened to call the police if I continued to be in the way. I told him to go ahead, knowing very well that the police would be on my side. I frightened them too much not to.

But it was empty promises. He just glared at me before going away. I turned to look at Chay who looked extremely chastised.

"Really? A rebound. That guy clearly looks and behaves like a Kim. It's so obvious. What the heck are you doing?"

Chay looked at me but didnt say anything.

"Thank you for helping me Phi. I am going home. I would be grateful if you didn't tell Porsche on what happened. I don't want him to be worried."

I sighed. I looked at Chay and nodded. He was really like a child. He was so young and innocent and clearly reeling from his mess with Kim that had happened recently. It didn't help that Kim chose to go away to France to study music instead to escape this whole situation.

Chay waiied to me and turned to go off, I watched him walk off until he became a mere shadow.

Just another one of the shadows against the pale setting sun.