Chapter 9

Phi Kinn dropped me off at home.

"Thank you Phi."

"No problem, rest well Chay."

I nodded at him and turned to go into my house when I stopped suddenly. Colour me stupid and sensitive, but something about my house seemed off. I had remembered switching off the room lights when I had left but for some reason, the one in my room was on and I could see a slight shadow.

"Chay. Is everything ok?"

I turned to see that Phi Kinn hadn't driven off. He stopped the car and had gotten out. I walked up to him quickly.

"Maybe I'm just being sensitive Phi. But I remember clearly switching off the lights. Now the one in my room is on and I thought I saw a slight shadow."

I thought P Kinn would dismiss my worries and ask me to just go on in. But he took my hand and pulled me towards the car.

"Stay here. I will go check."

"Phi, I don't want you going alone."

Phi Kinn turned to look at me. "It will be fine. You are here. Anything, call P Vegas for help ok? It be barely 2 minutes."

I nodded. I waited as I saw P Kinn go into the house, scouring throughly. He came out a little while later, saying no one was there.

"Oh. I guess I must have been seeing things Phi. Sorry to worry you."

"It's ok. Will you be fine alone?"

I looked at him and nodded. Thanking him for his efforts, I took 2 steps towards the house when Kinn stopped me.

"I know there is no one there but it make me feel better if you stayed with us. You can come back with Porsche once he's better."

I looked at P Kinn and nodded. He broke out into a small smile and I just replied with one big grin of my own. Seeing him smile kinda made my heart flutter a little bit. He seemed so much more warm when he smiled.

We got into the car and he drove back. I was tired as it was close to 11pm and I ended up dozing off in the car. When we got back to the Manor, P Kinn shook me slowly.

"Chay, we are back. Wake up, na?"

I stirred sleepily, looking at him.

"OK Phi. Im awake. I'm awake."

P Kinn just shook his head at my half sleepy state. We got out of the car and he walked me to my room.

"You be fine?" I nodded.

"Rest well. Thank you for earlier. The ice cream wa.." we got interrupted by a phone call.

Kinn answered the call.

"Sun. Yes? Where are you? Now? Hmmm.. I get back to you on it."

"Well I got to go. Rest well Chay."

"Who was that Phi?" Against my better judgement, I opened my mouth to query.

"That was my friend.. Sun.."

"Owh. Okays. Have fun then."

Phi Kinn nodded and took off. I went into my room, showered and fell into a deep sleep.

The next day, I woke up around 8am and padded down to the breakfast hall. Ken and Big were there chatting away. I joined them. Even though they were older too, they always made me feel like a part of them. We were chatting away when Big mentioned about how he saw P Sun leaving Kinn's room.

I looked at him confused, wondering why until Big told me that Sun was like Kinn's boyfriend without being a boyfriend. Just a friend who sleeps with him. A friend with benefits. I kept quiet, taking in the information.

What I couldn't help but realize was this unsettling feeling creeping into me. I felt like P Kinn had lied to me on whom P Sun was and I disliked that he was sleeping around casually. I bit my tongue and held my words back.

I went to the music room to play abit. I found comfort in music and used it to express myself. I lost track of time but I soon heard a voice. The one I been meaning to hear all day and yet also be the last one I wanted to hear today.

"Is it me or does your music sound angry today?"

I turned to see P Kinn causally leaning against the door. I turned back to the piano, ignoring him.

"What happened? Are you ok? Did anyone bully you?" Phi Kinn asked as he walked in.

I continued playing but Phi Kinn placed his hand on top of mine and stopped me.

"No one bullied me. I'm fine."

"Stop lying to me Chay. You think by now, I can't tell if something is wrong with you?"

"But it's ok for you to lie to me?"

"Lie? Lie about what?"

I stood up angrily, my face reddening because of the built up frustration.

"Sun. That's whom you lied about. You told me he's a friend. But he isn't. He's someone you sleep with. Why didn't you tell me that?!"

Phi Kinn looked at me shocked. There was a deafening silence for a while. And then finally he asked me, "Does it matter?"

"What?!"

"Does it matter if Sun is sleeping with me or not? Why must I tell you that?"

I looked at him speechless. I was so angry I couldn't find words to express myself. Why I was so angry with him for not telling me whom Sun actually was? Why he sleeping with Sun bothered me. I should just tell him!

I will, once I find the reason why.

I just had no reason.

Ugh!