Omake: The princess and the soldier

Mei Raiden, the princess of lightning, said nothing as she and the aloof member of their home, Rex Crozzo, worked together in the kitchen. The beautiful young woman pouted as she looked at the young man dressed in a frilly pink apron who looked at her. 

"yes?" Rex asked, only for Mei to blush and look at the ground while gripping the hem of her apron. 

"Uhm, do you hate me, Rex-kun?" Mei asked shyly, only to flinch when she heard the blade of his knife hit the chopping board with more force than usual. 

"Why would you think that?" Rex asked in genuine curiosity as he looked at her. 

"Well, I found your journal and Kiana opened it... I saw you put my name on the last of your favorites." She whispered, giving him a pout, puffing her cheeks up that reminded the stoic teen of a chipmunk. 

"Of course... I knew Kiana would have eventually cracked the password to my safe," he said with a sigh as he pinched his temples. "Mei, that list was not for the people I liked, it's the list for the people I find myself spending the most time with... just don't tell Kiana," Rex said, causing Mei to perk up. 

"Wait... then." 

"Well, you're always busy keeping Kiana in check and training so I never bothered you too much," Rex said as he looked at her, a look of appreciation and warmth in his eyes that she had never seen before. The warm look made her heart race and feel her face burn. 

"Well... since we never really spent some time together..." Mei said, looking at him shyly. 

'Remember, Mei-senpai! Rex is Dumb! I love him a lot but I always have to be direct with him. Sure, I love you more. What I'm saying is, just say what you want to do with him directly.' The voice of Kiana echoed in her mind.

"Uhm... is it fine if we go and hang out... just us two?" Mei asked, looking at him shyly, not noticing their audience of Himeko (who was drinking early), Elysia (who was nodding proudly at Mei and was planning another way to get Rein to go on a date), Kallen (who was reminded of how she and Rein used to act), and Theresa (nodding proudly at the two.) "We can..." Mei noticed Elysia waving at her and pulled out a pair of tickets to the amusement park with a wink. "We can go to the amusement park." 

"Hm... sure, I can go and ask-" A small burst of killing intent came from Elysia as she looked at him coldly. Rex raised a brow and saw how dejected Mei was about the idea of the others joining him. 'Oh! She must want it to be just us two.' "Well, sure." 

"Really?!" Mei asked, perking up with a smile, looking at the taller male with a bright smile. 

"Yes, I mean. You're the only one that I haven't bonded with," He said as he looked at her. 

"Thank, Rex-Kun!" Mei said with a smile, brightening the kitchen. 

'Huh, so that's why Kiana fell for her.' He thought as he watched Mei cook with more passion and brighter than earlier. Unaware that he spoke it out loud. 

====

Rex hummed as he wore a more coordinated outfit with the help of Elysia and funded by Rein. Once he told Rein what happened, his oldest brother and Reve had a fight about who will fund his outfit, due to bullshit reasons, Rein won but Reve let him borrow his ride. 

"Uhm, Rex-Kun, did you wait for long?" Mei asked. The young man pulled his earphones out...