A guard dog in snow

"So, who is he?" Himeko asked the man beside her with brown hair and gray streaks. "You seem to know him and the fact that you immediately have him stay in the Astral Express," 

"He's my nephew," Welt Yang said, pushing his glasses back while watching over the exhausted form of the young man that was his nephew in all but blood. 

"Nephew? How is he here?" 

"That, I do not know," Welt replied as he noticed how Cerberus' wounds slowly healed. "But he managed to help dispatch the doomsday beast while weakened." 

"Weakened? How?" 

"He used to have something inside him other than his family's bloodline that allowed him to manipulate the wind as he deems fit and an innate skill to manipulate the earth," Welt explained. "But now, he only used a bayonet and rifle like a spear when he used to just summon numerous weapons of stone and earth." 

'Not to mention that he disappeared for almost a decade,' Welt Yang thought as his eyes widened when Cerberus opened his eyes. The obsidian-eyed young man stood up from the bed and looked around. 

Wasting no time, let opened the door to Cerberus' home. 

"Uncle Welt... I... how are you here?" 

"It's a long story, Rex-"

"No... please... don't call me by that name. I go by Cerberus now," Cerberus said, obsidian eyes looking pleadingly at his uncle. "I don't deserve that name," 

"Rex-'

"Cerberus."

"Fine, Cerberus. How are you here?" Welt asked   

"I accepted a contract."

"How?! With who?!" Welt suddenly asked, knowing that his nephew would only agree to a contract if he has the ability and reasons to complete said contract. 

"Some guy named Akavili."

"Akavili?" Himeko asked, shock painting her face. 

"Well, yes. He asked me to help you in exchange for freeing and helping maintain the seal I made," 

"The seal that held back the Honkai?" 

"yes, however, my counterpart in this dimension still holds the seal he made," Cerberus said, causing Welt Yang's eyes to widen. 

"I see, but why did you discard your name?" Welt Yang's voice asked.

"Rex Crozzo is dead, he sacrificed everything to seal away the Honkai. A seal that will never last for eternity, yet enough to hopefully one day unite both Humanity and the Honkai itself. If I'm right... then my counterpart probably did the same." Cerberus then pulled something out of his suit's pocket, a pocket watch with the carving of the sigil of his family.

"Very well, Cerberus," Welt Yang said as he looked at the boy that became his nephew through all but blood. Despite not being the same version, they were just so similar to each other. "The others have gone down to the planet to investigate the anomaly," 

"You want me to shadow them?" Cerberus asked, looking at his uncle as he crossed his arms. 

"What? You just woke up!" Himeko said while Cerberus just smiled. 

"I'm fine, I already recovered, besides it would be better for me to stretch my legs and all," Cerberus said, licking his hair back. 'Really should get a haircut,' 

"Very well, can you track them?" 

"In a winter hellhole?" Cerberus asked mockingly as a soft smirk appeared on his face while holding his hip. "You wound me, uncle-, no mister Welt Yang," Cerberus answered as he looked at the white planet.