18. stray kids

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAY! Have a nice warm day like Han told us, FiveStarsforSTAY <143

I didn't see him the next day like he said I would, he's not answering his phone either.

I don't know how the day passed, all I know is that Seungmin and Minho didn't leave my side, and of course Jisung, too.

when the school day finally ended, I told Chan to drive me to his house and Minho will take his brother home.

the first thing I noticed was the absence of a second car in the parking lot, something I'm really thankful for.

I knocked on the door 6 times and waited for about 3 minutes outside until someone finally opened the door.

someone covered in tears and bloodshot eyes.

'' Jeongin? Are you okay? what happened?'' I didn't finish the sentence before he threw his arms around me, I quickly hugged him back as he sobbed into my arms.

'' please make him stop,'' was the only words he spoke, he eventually pulled away leading me inside, '' he's upstairs in his room, I will make us something to drink.'' I nodded and made my way to his room, I knocked on his door but didn't wait for an answer, worry is eating me alive.

my heart dropped once my eyes landed on him, I felt tears forming in my eyes by just looking at him, his face was covered with cuts and bruises, I saw him wincing in pain as he turned to look at me.

'' Felix? What are you doing here?'' he asked and by his voice, I could tell he was crying about 10 minutes ago.

'' tell me what happened,'' I said instead of answering him, I made my way to his bed and took the first kit from the nightstand, probably left behind by Jeongin cleaning his cuts, I continued his work slowly being careful to not hurt him. he didn't tell me what happened, he doesn't need to I already know. '' Hyunjin,'' I spoke up again, '' this is getting too far we have to call the police.''

'' no no no, we can't do that, I can't do that.'' he looked at me with horror eyes, he's scared, I didn't expect him not to be, that's his father after all.

'' yes, you can. ''  Jeongin said from his place in front of the door. I got up to take the drinks from his shaky hands so he wouldn't drop them. '' I know he's our father but damned it Hyung he never acted like it, you were more of a parent than the two of them, I don't care about them, you're the only one I have and the only one I need, and I can't stand and watch you getting hurt because of them, please let's just end all this.'' he's still crying but his words were strong and confident. 

'' you don't have to do anything, I know it will be hard to do, just give me a yes and I will get everything done for you,'' I spoke softly while cleaning his last cut. I pulled away after finishing to look at him, his eyes are running between me and his brother until they finally settled on mine giving me a small nod.

that was the only sign I needed, I kissed his cheek really quickly before getting up to my call. I saw Jeongin taking my place before I went downstairs.

'' hey Dad, can we talk?''

_ Of course, what is it you want to talk about? _

'' Hyunjin, I am at his house right now and Dad you can't even imagine how bad his injuries look. I was wondering if this was enough to imprison his father?''

_ are you sure that's what he wants? _

'' yes, I have talked to him.''

_ okay then, I will tell my lawyer to start working on it, you don't have to worry about it I will finish the whole thing as quickly as possible. _