15. safe

As my dad said, I haven't seen her face, I came back too late yesterday and went immediately to bed and when I woke up, I didn't see her, but I saw him, having breakfast on the table with a plate in front of the chair next to his, where I usually sit.

'' good morning Dad,'' I spoke my voice still sore from crying so much yesterday, I don't think I had ever cried that much in my entire life.

'' good morning Lixie, how are you doing?'' he asked nicely.

'' I am okay, I think,'' I answered softly not knowing if it was a lie or not. '' why are there another two empty plates next to mine?'' I wondered as I took a seat next to him.

'' for you to make a decision,'' I looked at him confused so he carried on, ''Sandra is in the kitchen, Seungmin will make his daily stop here before school soon, if you want, go talk to her and tell her you to know the truth if you don't want, we will carry on living you and me with them looking after you from afar, if you need more time, you also have that,'' he explained softly and it didn't take me long to decide, I have already decided yesterday when I was telling Hyunjin about it, he didn't want to tell me what to do since it's my life, but he said he thinks it's the right choice.

'' I will be right back,'' I called as I made my way to the kitchen. I saw her standing in front of the basin washing the breakfast pans. '' good morning, Sandra.'' I said smiling at her like I always do.

'' Good morning to you too, Lixie'' I remember the first time I told her to call me that, she was hesitant at the beginning, but she agreed eventually. '' Can I help you with anything?''

'' hm, I don't know about that, but I actually came here to help you, give me that,'' I said moving her away from the basin so I can stand in her place. '' and don't say no, the evil witch is not her.'' she giggled softly at that.

'' I am going to have to wash them again after you anyways,'' she's not wrong, yet, someone has to be dramatic and Hyunjin is not here to do the job.

'' what is that supposed to mean,'' I sulked and she laughed lightly, '' You know what? I am not going to wash them either I need to talk to you about something.''

'' sure go ahead,'' she said smiling lightly.

'' okay.. um, I tried to think about how am I going to tell you, but I couldn't figure out anything so I will just get straight to the point, okay?'' I asked but didn't give her time to answer, '' I know the truth, about you I mean, I know who you are to me,'' I was still scared to say the actual word, I know it, I believe it and surprisingly, I am glad that it's her, I just can't say it out loud yet. she still hasn't said anything, there's a shocked look on her face though. '' you don't have to say anything I know it's shocking, I mean of course I do, different kind of shocking, but I understand.''

'' can I hug you? not as you maid.'' her voice is shaking so I moved closer and hugged her first. it felt safe, I have always liked Sandra, she always felt safe to be around, but this, this is different, I don't know what this feeling is, I am guessing it's what a mother hug feels like.

'' I am sorry I wasn't able to protect you, '' she sobbed over my shoulder, she's shorter than me and I can't help but wonder what it would have felt like to hug her every year until I am taller, she did hug me as a kid, but that stopped after I turned eight.

'' don't apologize, you have done enough, you stayed close even when I didn't know and I know how hard it must have been, thank you, for being here with me,'' she didn't answer, and I didn't say anything else, we just stayed there, her sobbing a little and my eyes watering.

'' umm, what's going on here?'' I heard a voice I didn't recognize, but I feel like I know.

'' Seungmin?'' I questioned already expecting the answer which I received as a nod. '' I have missed you.'' and I really did, even though it had slipped my mind lately with everything happening with Hyunjin, I have always thought about him, I didn't know he is my brother, but I did know he is my Favorite childhood friend, he was brave and a savage, but he was so nice to me, sometimes I thought about him cleaning my injuries as I fell as a child while cleaning my cuts. '' well, hello there, brother.'' I decided to say ignoring the emotional confession I said earlier,