6. overheard

I think I should go buy some foundation soon because mine is almost over and he definitely hasn't had enough from my neck yet.

speaking of, he's supposed to be on his way right now. just then maid's phone started ringing.

'' sir, your mother requested to see you in the kitchen.'' I recognized her voice, of course, I did.

shit not now.

'' I'll be down in a minute, Sandra.'' Sandra is one of my favorite Maids. She has a son about my age or a year younger. Dad used to let him come along when we were kids so I would play with him. his name is Seungmin, I wonder how he is doing now.

I went down to the kitchen to meet my mother, knowing damn well this won't end well, but what other choices do I even have.

when I reached the destination, she was already there, waiting for me with an angry expression on her face, is it too late to run now?

she started walking toward me and it took me all the strength in me to not run back to my room and lock the door. once she was close, she raised her hand making me flinch, when I didn't feel a slap on my face. I looked at her hand to see a protein bar wrap.

'' come with me, Felix.'' (As your author I am telling you DO NOT go)

I just nodded and followed her outside until she stopped in the hall in front of the huge door.

'' look around you. '' she ordered. it's my house I know what it looks like, but I still looked around just to not anger her more.

'' you see how big this house is.'' she said and again I just nodded. '' even with how big it is, I control it. there's no little thing that happen that I don't know about. '' she half yelled and started walking closer to me. '' if you think that YOU can trick me, let me correct your information and remind you that you are mine, I own your life you can't do anything without me. YOU HEAR THAT.''

that's when it finally came. the slap.

it started hurting really quickly, I can the blood rush in my cheeks, and I am sure it'll leave a mark. another reason to buy foundation, I guess.

'' from now on you'll start a diet that I control, and if I saw you eating something without permission don't blame anyone but yourself.'' she started walking away, but of course not before her last words. '' the director said you are too fat for the movie, I am only doing this for you.'' with that she disappeared from my sight.

I don't know how long I have been standing there before the door opened and Hyunjin was standing in front of me. did he hear anything?

'' let's go to your room, okay?'' he didn't give me time to reply and just took my hand and led me to my room. did he really have to come now? all I feel like doing right now is throwing myself under the covers and cry myself to sleep.

to be honest, I don't know if I can hide my pain and how much I am hurting right now, but I will try. with that in my mind I let a fake smile slide to my face, hiding all the eternal scars that are more painful than the external ones.

once we were inside my room, I took a seat on my bed Hyunjin following my action.

'' so, what do you have planned for today?'' I asked the fake smile cover still safe and secured.

I waited for him to reply but I heard to answer, I looked at him confused. '' did you not prepare anything?'' he still haven't talked.

suddenly he moved closer to me and wrapped his hands around my shoulder. it wasn't like the other hugs filled with tension that we had before. it was... comforting.