🍋Lemon Boy🍋

Start from the beginning

"So...I've been hearing some things about this particular student who is in the same year as Zander, Luke and I. I do know him as he is in some of my classes, but I've never spoken to him before. I've heard from our peers that this student sings to himself on the rooftop while he is alone, and he is actually pretty good. They know this because some have caught him singing up there.."

Hailey took a pause, just to see the reactions again from her club members. She could see how their facial expressions went from being puzzled to more intrigued which was definitely a step forward.

"Okay. So, what's his name..?" Milly asked the query everyone wanted the answer for. They all tuned in, watching Hailey fiddle and play with the two bracelets that she wore on her wrist. She did look up at all of them though whilst her fingers twisted and twirled around the bracelet's material.

"Well.." She begun, clearing her throat before she continued. "His name is Jake Sterling-"

"JAKE STERLING?!"

Hailey jumped in fright at hearing the entire club shout out that name abruptly in both unison and utter shock. It caught her extremely off guard. She definitely wasn't expecting that. It was a sudden jumpscare for her.

"Jake Sterling?! Oh hell no! Hailey, that guy is bad news! I don't trust him at all!" Zander immediately gave his opinion, which was surprisingly negative. This input made Hailey bewildered at her brother's pessimistic words at the name she had just mentioned.

"What? Why..?! What did he do wrong..?" Hailey questioned, glancing around the room to see if anybody else was in the same boat as her. However, they all seemed to be on Zander's side here.

"Hailey, that guy Jake is someone you should stay away from..I may not be in your year, but I know that he's someone that nearly everyone doesn't talk to, or even dare to acknowledge." Sean said to the blue-haired president. He had a worrisome look on his face, meaning that he wasn't lying in what he was saying. Even if he didn't, everybody knew that Sean would never lie.

"I'm sorry guys, but I don't understand your point.." Hailey replied and rubbed her collarbone. The club had already raised eyebrows at the idea of having a new lead singer in the band, and now they were all having negative thoughts on having a specific student as being apart of them.

Luke made the decision to step into the conversation and provide Hailey with more in-depth information.

"Hails...Jake isn't someone we would recommend being in our band. There's a reason as to why people steer clear from his path. He is just nothing but trouble. Jake has some bad temper issues, often gets into conflict with other students and teachers, doesn't have the best reputation, and isn't so nice to be around with. He doesn't have any friends either because of his uptight and rude personality. The only people he really talks to are his siblings and-"

"Siblings..?" Hailey interrupted Luke, arching an eyebrow. "Doesn't he only have one sister? I believe her name is Zoey, and she's in our year as well.."

"Yeah! Zoey is Jake's little sister!" Milly trailed up to Hailey, resting an arm on her shoulder. "But, Jake has more than just one. He actually has three, and Elliot is one of them! He's his little brother.."

Hailey's eyes went wide at this. "No way! I didn't know Elliot was related to Jake! Heck, I didn't even know Elliot had siblings, let alone them being Jake and Zoey. Who's the other..?"

"Jake's last sibling is Milo, who isn't in this school. He's only 12 years old. Milo's the youngest of the family.." Milly examined her fingernails, meeting Hailey's grey eyes afterwards. "Don't ask how I know all of this. I talk to Elliot a lot. He speaks about his siblings from time to time. But anyways, as we are all saying, don't go near Jake, Hails. It's not worth it! He's not the best person. I'm sure we're all perfectly grand the way we are.."