Arianna's Dream [Dreams]

A Dream I had interpreted by a friend at one point:

ARIANNA'S DREAM (January 2012)

I asked the Lord for understanding about your dream – and this is what I believe He showed me.

The sections of the dream are in bold type and the interpretation is in italics.

I've tried everything. You have tried everything you could use your five senses on.

This refers to your emotional/mental struggles. You have tried to overcome them in every way you know how to but failed. God is saying that the only way to overcome them is supernatural – by His power – by His plan. Your five senses, logic or any other human remedy such as medicine or psychology will not succeed.

Field of gold blown by the wind. The colors of the rainbow blow through and around me.

The field of gold is the sum total of your faith – all the individual good thoughts of your heart – blown by the wind of the Holy Spirit.  But the simplicity of the good and pure thoughts within you is challenged by a multitude of other thoughts – thoughts of all types- some good, some evil ,some neutral – represented by all the colors of the rainbow. All of these competing thoughts blow through your mind and surround you. The pure simple golden thoughts are diluted by the rainbow thoughts.

The light shone around me – casting shadows of a dark past on my face.

The light is the light of Christ – shining all around you. His light reveals the effects of the past evil done to you earlier in life – which has left a darkness on your countenance (your face) – a sadness and depression – which is all the more obvious as Christ shines His light upon you.

The light was too bright – moving my hand to cast away the light had no effect.

It feels overwhelming to see this dark past and its effects – so the light seems too bright – you don't want to look at this darkness so you want the light dimmed so you don't have to see it. So you raise your hand to try to block it – but God has a purpose in exposing it (because He wants to clean the darkness away). So God won't let the light be dimmed because He has exposed it to deal with it. 

Being made  of darkness and shadow is all I could see where my hand should have been

When you move your hand to block the sight of the revealed darkness – now it becomes a consuming focus and that is all you see and you can't see the fields of gold anymore (but they are still there). You wanted your hand to block it but it did not.

Everything around me – taste, textures and smells were different – down to the last blade of grass. Colors I never saw nor could describe

In the transition to adulthood – the invasion of the rainbow of thoughts brings confusion – a different perspective from the pure golden thoughts of youth and innocence. You wonder- are the things my parents taught me – the truths I believed- are they true? The rainbow thoughts present a different perspective.

Fear plastered on my face as something brushed past me. If I were to describe him it would probably have killed me.

This is a double meaning. On the one hand the Majesty of God brushed against you. He is doing a marvelous work in your life (to restore the fields of gold ) and His holiness and power are fearsome – as He told Moses – no man can see Me and live. On the other hand the evil of satan brushed against you as he sweeps the rainbow of thoughts through your mind to confuse you. And although he cannot kill you he likes to intimidate and pretend that he can.

Overwhelming. Too much. Fell to knees crying – tears down face. But what about the things you can't?

This spiritual battle within you – this revelation of the darkness from the past is certainly overwhelming – especially since there is no human remedy to overcome it. But at the end of the dream – the Lord brings you back to the initial important point-

That this is a work of grace. Winning this battle, breaking free of the dark past, returning to the fields of gold – is something only God can do. You can never do it on your own. It is a supernatural work of God. These things you can't – but God can! So take heart. God is up to something good in your life. The light of Christ is bright – but it is good. And the outcome will be good.