𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

11th September 2023.

Yellow!

-------

-------

I drive through the empty roads on the outskirts of Madrid

I drive through the empty roads on the outskirts of Madrid. The Palacio del Halcon is situated in the middle of a forest, in the hilly region, among the few upper class families that could afford living in the area.

The rose gold Ferrari Adrian picked out for me, runs smoothly through the hilly route without any hurdles.

I slow down when I spot a familiar route and park my car on the side.

We were outside the main land of the Garcia's, but I had entered the extended territory which we shared with the Gauspese family that lived next door. Marco and Dadda lived on the other side the Palacio, but they also had a cottage on the palace grounds.

We were close enough for me to do what I had in mind, but not to close to alert Papa Carlos.

Stepping out of the car, I breathe in the fresh air mixed with the scent of fresh mud lingering in the atmosphere after rain.

Winter's coming.

Chuckling at the silly reference, I lock my car before walking into the forest.

Walking for about a 100 feet into the forest, I finally spot the tree I was looking for. Brushing against the bark, which had a special engraving on it, I dig my hand into the hollow of the tree.

A smile pulls on to my face, when I feel the lever. I pull it and step back as a keypad pushes out of the tree. The blue light scans my eyes.

I feel a rumble beneath me before the automated voice speaks. "Access granted."

I am pulled into a pit, as the ground beneath me splits open and I brace myself for impact.

The muffled thud against the soft mattress tells me we've reached our destination. Well, part of it. And the dust now flying around me also tells me that this passage hasn't been used in a long time.