5. Camilla

Fear.

I drowned into the oceans of fears. My throat dried as if I travelled the dessert bare feet. And my body... it doesn't existed at the moment.

Why?

Because I found myself surrounded by hundreds of the mirrors, reflecting my reflection into infinity. The bright yellow lights helped nothing to reduce the sudden darkness inside my head...

And in a moment,

I fell.

I fell on my knees, begging for something I don't know of.

Hands on ears.

Eyes closed shut.

And body shaking heavier than the earthquake.

.

I can't do it.

I can't ever make it back to home.

I can't...

I can't...

.

"Camilla?!" Niko call out my name and I sensed his arms all over me. His firm grip holding onto my shoulder and waist while I could barely understood what is happening around me.

Thousands of whispers reaching up to my head and all I can see in front of my eyes is dark and Mr. Callister...

.

I won't do it, Mr. Callister...

I would never do it...

I will never disobey you...

I will be who you want me to be...

.

"Camilla?! Can you hear me?!" Niko's voice surpassed the whispers inside my head and he shook my body to bring me back into reality.

.

You're the reason my wife died.

You're the reason of my loneliness.

You're the reason I'm feeling sorrows.

You will correct what you've wronged...

.

"Camilla?!" I heard Niko into my core when I sensed my body slamming on his tall, rock alike torso. For a moment, I thought I was hugging Dad...

Because,

Because I feel safe in those arms...

.

"Niko?" Words barely came out of my mouth. "Niko. I can't... I can't face it... I'm..."

"Camilla. It's okay... Cam... It's okay..." Niko pulled me into his arms and buried my face into his chest. His firm hands wrapped around my body gently but with possessiveness.

"No... no I can't look at myself... I just can't..." I sobbed as tears rushed up to my eyes and then out of them.

I couldn't think of anything but to close my eyes and hold onto something or someone since my body shook, unbalancing the strength in my legs.

I burst into tears knowing the mirrors are still surrounding me. My body shattering with the fear and Niko was my only support here.

"Look at me then." Niko affirmed. "Look at me, Camilla."

"I can't..." I sobbed harder when even the thought of hundreds of Camilla surrounding me and laughing at me popped up on my head.

"I want you to trust me and look at my face." The order and firmness in his voice is different than what he sounds normally. The worry and maturity and possessiveness filling his voice as I couldn't stop myself but to cry.