1. Niko

Year 2019

Hmm.

This is the day when we leave for our summer vacation. It's been a hell of a ride this year since I was preparing for my architecture entrance exam.

I so needed a vacation. A long, relaxing, and fun vacation.

.

Every single summer, we spend our vacations with family and friends.

Family friends, as in Chens, and friends, as in Ascherbergs and Harpers.

Since mom and her friends miss each other's company so much, they officially made this rule:

'Reunion once every year, even if the apocalypse fell on the earth'

And no one dares to cross what those women say.

Especially their men.

Their wishes are men's commands.

No arguments on that.

Even if kids or men somehow couldn't make it to the vacation, Mom and her friends would cross the oceans just to meet for some hours.

I remember Mom flying to Edinburgh for a few hours because Aunt Bridget was bored in her royal meeting. Mom had forgotten to tell Dad, and he freaked out so bad after not finding Mom in the house when he returned.

He was this close to running out of the house barefoot before I told him where she went and when. Dad just can't calm down when it comes to Mom.

.

I take a look at my room, which is always clean, disciplined, and sophisticated. I slowly slid my hand on the bedsheet for the last time, removed the last crumble, and walked out of the room with my luggage.

.

We're going to Eldorra this summer. Eldorra. The country of Ascherbergs.

Aunt Bridget and Uncle Rhys have arranged our vacation at their castle this time. We've been to Eldorra many times, but it's always hard to deny Aunt Bridget's request and Uncle Rhys's threat.

.

Last summer,

The Chens have arranged our vacation to their favorite place in the whole world. New Zealand. We went on Jungle Safaris, hiking and swimming. It was exciting and exhausting at the same time.

Mom and Aunt Stella are not fond of adventures. They like their vacations to be lazy by the pool or beaches.

.

On the other side,

Aunt Jules and Aunt Bridget will set the ground on fire since both of them are fond of something new.

They like their vacations to be full of fun, adventure, and memorable.

.

.

But this summer,

All of them want to 'just chill by the pool, have the vintage vine by the lake, and relax.'

And what could be more relaxing than living in a vintage castle?

.

"Niko? Got what Sofia wanted?" Mom asked while grabbing the luggage, but Dad picked it up before she did. His plain polo flexed on his tall body as he picked up another bag effortlessly.

"Do you mean the box of scrap?" I stared at the small wooden box of Sofia, where she kept all her scribbled pages. Even though I know her writings aren't scrap, it's my internal responsibility to roast her.