New city, new life

I was there. With my suitcase in hand, and my eyes scanning every inch of the airport only to find a person, who, honestly,  I didn't even want to see. But I had to. I had to start living.

I found Tyler grabbing an energy bar from a vending machine, it looked like it was a bit faulty. He started kicking and punching. "Fuck!" I heard screaming. He looked around and unfortunately our eyes met. We both sighed as we saw each other. It had always been like this: he was the prodigy of the family, the intelligent brother, and also the one who had taken a few years off before following in my father's footsteps and becoming a doctor. I don't know how he made a living there in Los Angeles, maybe his luck was paying off in gambling, which of course my parents knew nothing about.

I think the hate was mutual. I hated that he was the favorite, and he hated that I was the nice one. He didn't even greet me as he took my suitcase and started walking towards the exit. "Was it hot on the plane? You're all sweaty" that smile could be seen a mile away and I hated it. I realized he was right touching my hair, it was practically wet. I already hated that they were straight and blonde because people took me for a fool with an IQ of a fawn, plus I didn't even know how to style them.

We got to his car and I gasped: how could he afford that Ferrari?! "And this? How did you pay for it?"
"Mind your business" God, how I hated him. I got in and that seat was the coolest thing my ass had ever sat on, even though I definitely preferred motorcycles. My favorite was the Triumph, although unfortunately I had only seen it in photos. My father told me that when he was young he conquered my mother with one of them. He taught me the basics when I was fourteen, and there, at eighteen, my dream was to be able to buy one.

We arrived at Tyler's house, which was also mine, and he threw the keys on the coffee table and my suitcase on the sofa. But how arrogant was he? I looked around, and the more I did, the more I realized what a paradise I was in. But that was only an appearance, it would have become hell with Tyler's presence. "Don't make that face, Mia, or you'll get wrinkles"

"Shut up, you are an old man"
"I'm 22, and how old are you? 81?" He laughed, so I imitated him. "Mom and Dad were right to send you here, so you'll learn that being a biker can't be a stable job in life, and that bad company is bad for you." I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms, moving closer to him. "My friends are not bad company. How did you buy that car? Should I check your computer?" I provoked him. I knew he was gambling and it wouldn't take me long to tell our parents everything. He looked me straight in the eyes, then spoke "Go take a shower, you smell like shit"

"Thanks, you too," I replied. I took the suitcase and went upstairs where there was to be my room with bathroom. "Wow" I yelled at the sight of that gigantic bed and the balcony up ahead. I left there suitcase dropped on the floor and I threw myself on the bed, immediately after I got a message, it was Tyler.

T: Tonight we're going to play Paintball with my friends. Be gentle.

M: Of course, just for you.

"Fuck you" I wanted to write him.

I got ready, and put on some white Nikes, baggy jeans, a gray crop top, and a blue jacket, nothing fancy. No one would have seen me in my paintball suit anyway.

We entered the paintball room and a tall figure caught my attention...