Chapter 40

Aarav's POV:-

All my conscience and focus went on her from my work. I know it was ridiculous for me to think something like this but I was helpless I wasn't able to control these thoughts from popping up in my head .

I just didn't like the fact that she gave someone so much importance.
I was all worried about her and when she came , she didn't even talked to me properly and she seemed very excited to have conversation with that Nehal or whoever he is..

"Don't you think it's wierd for her to behave like this I mean she could atleast informed Iftiya about meeting him earlier but.."
I expressed my thoughts to Ankit

"Leave it dude he must be their friend and why are you even stressed about that thing ? "
Ankit replied seating on sofa as I moved towards him.

"Yeah but still atleast she needs to inform me everything right!?"
I asked Ankit waiting for his reply

"Who you think you are...her husband? "
Ankit chuckled saying this but it hurted me the most. The fact that he chuckled saying me as her husband was true because it's all fake.
But still it shivered a pain all over my body that I couldn't reflect.

"Yeah I am !! " I stated covering my sad exspression that even I don't know why appeared.

"Yeah fake one ! " Ankit replied rubbing salt on the burn.

"But still she is my responsibility! "
I hit my hand to the desk while saying this and I could feel a stare gazing at me.

"Ok cool down I understand everything!" Ankit said with a smirk on his face

"You don't Ankit you don't understand how much lost I feel when she gives more importance than me to someone like that .."
I hissed while saying this in anger

"Why are you bringing up that Nehal again and again ? "
Ankit asked suspiciously getting closer to me and putting his hands on my shoulder

"I don't know I just can't get him out of my head ! " I replied turning back

"Do one thing!! " I said to Ankit staring at straight into his eyes

"Yeah tell ! " He agreed instantly

"Find out ...." Ankit interrupted me in between

"Everything about him right ! "
He gave me a blink showing thumps up

"Yeah do it ! "

"Yess boss ! " He saluted in over dramatic way and went outside of my office.

Diya's POV:-

"So Nehal how's your life going ? All settled up ? " I asked in a bit hesitation but excited to know.

"Yeah pretty good ! Actually after 12 I did MLM and right now I own a small business in Uttrakhand."
Nehal answered my question while Iftiya taking glimpse of his face

"That's cool ! " Iftiya said being excited

"And you guys tell !! How's your life going ? " Nehal asked us this question looking towards Iftiya and me .

"For a moment Iftiya and me stared at eachother not knowing what to tell him about our messed life but then I decided to speak up ! "

"I and Iftiya both became a competent lawyer ! I work as a lawyer in Delhi and she works in Lucknow! "
I stated my sentence replying to his question

"Then where are you both going and from where ? " He asked looking at us

"Uhmm actually we both are going to our town to meet my father after many years and right now we both were in Mumbai due to some work."
I replied to his question being hesitant and not telling him complete truth.