Paro stood frozen in her place. She had to bear this to make her lies believable. Her heart pounded in her chest. The blend of fear and anxiety mingled with her relief was clear all over her face. She could let her emotions out for the first time in the night as he wasn't facing her. 

Standing straight Adi held her face with both his hands and leaned forward to capture her lips. But suddenly her fingers came in between, creating an obstacle. 

Adi frowned slightly and looked at her with a questioning gaze. 

" Adi, I need to say something more," Paro said in a gentle voice. 

" Yes.." He answered shortly, eager to know whatever she had to say. 

" I… you know that I am not very comfortable being intimate. I was thinking that if you can give me some time to adjust, at least until my exam… " 

She trailed off, her eyes fixed on his face to see his expression.

" But that's a long time to go. Months probably. How am I going to survive?" He furrowed his brows, clearly displeased by the proposal.

Paro mentally rolled her eyes. This pervert! 

" Ok, But I can kiss you anytime I want." He said thinking for a while. 

" But…" Paro objected again. 

" No ifs and buts. It's final." His voice firmed. 

" Tomorrow you are coming with me." He again stated.

 "By the way, my birthday is coming within two days. What will be my gift?" He whispered, too close to her face. 

" What do you want?" Her voice came out lower than she wanted much to her annoyance. 

" I want you. " one of his hands wrapped around her waist tightly, making her heartbeat increase rapidly.   

Paro gulped mentally. She didn't like where this was going. She could only hope her plan wouldn't backfire.

" I want you…. to kiss me. " Finishing his words Adi chuckled.

" God! Look at your face." 

No words left her mouth as she looked at the person standing in front of her, laughing wholeheartedly. 

He looked so different from his general dark dominant one. If anybody saw them right now they would take his act as a plea of a longing lover. They would think of them as a forbidden reunion of two lovers who met after a long time in her room at night, hiding from the world. 

Just like a fairytale .

But she has had enough experience in her life to know that fairy tales didn't exist in real life. 

Looks can be deceiving just like the person standing in front of her. She had seen his true side. The dark, manipulative, ugly abusive side who could go to any extent to get what he wanted. Yet always had the mask on in front of the world.  

That forced her to choose the deceptive path,  a desperate bid for freedom. Her lie was a fabrication born out of necessity, for she did not harbor the same feelings for him. But she had to make this choice to protect herself from further harassment, to establish a facade that would keep her safe.

He wanted to live in his delusion? Fine!  She would play her part of deception in this twisted dance until it would be too late. When he would realize the truth she would be far gone. She would come up with some ways by then to save herself from him.