Chapter 4

Everything had become so dull. I wasn't sure what it was, but I was becoming restless. Color was fading from my life at lightning speed. I stopped trying to repaint the skies and let the black and white consume everything. I was counting down the days until graduation but the school year had just started meaning I had a long way to go. I hated everything about being back here again. I felt like I couldn't breathe. There was a massive shift from the previous year to this one and I wasn't ready to take it on, yet I didn't have a choice.

I glanced up at the clock. Still a half hour left before I was free for the day. It was only week three and I declared Monday's my least favorite. I had classes into the late afternoon which was never ideal, even with two rather long breaks in the middle. I would rather get everything done and over with in the morning, but at least the rest of my week was much lighter. I had barely been listening the whole class so I wasn't going to tune in now. Instead, I let my mind drift back to the weekend like I had been doing since I woke up. I bit back a smile as the stranger – Chanyeol – invaded the space in my head. The cute dimple in his cheek when he smiled but the wickedness in his eyes as he devoured me like his last meal. I got shivers thinking about it.

After our second round, we sat on my bed munching on snacks while he showed me funny videos on his phone. At some point we had both fallen asleep. What I didn't expect was to wake up to his lips on mine. It was a pleasant surprise, slightly confusing, but I liked it. We made out for a bit longer before he got dressed. We exchanged numbers and he said he would hit me up but I knew I would never hear from him again. Although, part of me hoped I would seeing as though he's the one to ask for my number, but it could have just been part of the game many men play to make it seem as if something was there when there wasn't. I knew better though. It had happened to me one too many times to be ditzy enough to believe we had any type of connection other than amazing sex. That being said, if he were to hit me up by some miracle, I would be down for another ride. Literally and figuratively. That man had the dick game of a demon. There was no way I would pass that up.

I was drunk on him all weekend. Dizzy as the night replayed over and over. Although I said I wouldn't think much of his promise, I couldn't help but to check my phone every five minutes, hoping to see a message from him. I felt like a hopeless teen again. I needed to snap out of it. He was an enigma and I needed to manage my expectations. I knew what he was after that night. The sharing of the blunt and lingering was just to seal the deal so in the future if he did want to randomly drop back in, there's a higher chance I would play into it. I would knowingly fall into this trap because I wasn't looking for anything serious either. Just something to pass time and relieve the stress that was quickly building every second I was at this school. I kind of wish I had his number because I would definitely hit him up sometime this week for a quick fuck.

By the time I returned to the present, everyone was packing up their things and heading out of the door. I put my notes away and followed the crowd, glad to finally be done. I considered stopping at the café to grab a pastry to lift my mood but decided against it. The quicker I was off campus, the better. Apparently I wasn't moving quick enough because as I was walking out of the building, right in the courtyard with his friends was none other than Sehun. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. Did he not have anything better to do at this time? I didn't need to see him this much. It was-.
"Hey, Brooke!" What the fuck. I stuttered in my step as I looked in Sehun's direction. He was smiling as he jogged over. "I thought you were coming to the party Saturday?"
"I was there." I said. His eyebrows creased in confusion.
"I didn't see you."
"Didn't stay long." I shrugged. "Plus, Isla was keeping you pretty occupied."
"Oh, uh, sorry I missed you then." He was rubbing the back of his reddening neck.
"It's all good." I was so tired of the constant push and pull with him.
"Done for today?"
"Yeah, I was just about to head back to my apartment." I was hoping he'd take the hint and leave me alone.
"We should hang out sometime this week. It's been a while." And there was a reason for that. He stepped closer. "I've missed you." It took everything within me to not shove him back.
"Sure. Text me." I said, having every intention of declining. Between my fantasies of Chanyeol over the weekend, I thought long and hard about the...whatever the fuck it was I had with Sehun. I decided I was over it and didn't have the energy to entertain it any longer. He nodded and I took a step back, waving before he could attempt to give me a hug. I let out a sigh of relief once I was far from him.