PT. CXVII

Narrator

Over the next few weeks, Y/n became very overprotective of Haerin.

Y/n had freshly relearned everything they could about autism and Haerin's diagnosis level.

Y/n had also tried to monitor habits that Haerin had, just in case the information ever came in handy in the future.

- Y/N POV -

Brother had sent me to Haerin's and Newjeans' dance practice to drop of some lunches.

I literally was so stressed out because I got lost for like an hours.

At this point, I had met all of the Newjeans members again and... umm... they seemed... like they didn't take my memory loss very well either.

Minji... specially.

When I walked into the BigHit Building, I was greeted by the front desk... "Oh, Y/n Seonsu. Welcome back!"

"Seonsu?" I questioned to myself.

"Was I an athlete at some point?" I wondered.

I had gotten used to things like this.... or was trying to get used to it.... but it really bothered me when someone would say something that I had no idea about.

Which was honestly all the time.

"Ummm... where can I find Newjeans?" I asked a bit confused.

"In their usual practice room," The front desk girl answered me.

I chuckled out of nervousness.

"Umm, can you remind me where that is? I haven't been here in a while," I tried to not sound panicked or lost.

"Oh yeah, it's on the 7th floor... room... room 5!" She answered me not sounding too sure.

"Ah, okay. Thank you!" I bowed at her and headed to the elevator.

I wondered around the 7th floor for a while until I finally found room 5.

I knocked before walking in and found Haerin getting yelled at.

She was getting yelled at by their manager as the rest of the girls stood behind her.

"YOU CAN'T LET YOUR TEAM DOWN LIKE THAT!" The manager yelled.

Up until this point, I had only met the Newjeans manager once before.

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. YOU CAN'T GET DISTRACTED BY EXTERNAL EVENTS OR THINGS YOU CAN'T CONTROL!" The manager kept yelling.

Hearin had her head down the entire time. She had her eyes tightly shut with a pained look on her face.

The sight of that made my blood boil.

"DO YOU UNDERS-"

"Stop, you're scaring her!" I stepped in front of the manager.

"Y/n It's fine. Haerin can handle it. She's used to it," Managernim nagged at me.

That answer rubbed me the wrong way.

Wether Haerin had learned to deal with it or gotten used to it wasn't the problem.

It was her comfort.

Haerin didn't need to endure the immense stress she's put in because of her autism.

She needed a safe place.

She deserved to feel safe.

Just like everyone else.