PT. LXXIX

Narrator

Haerin, Hanni, and Y/n ended up staying over for dinner at Minji's house.

Watching Y/n-ssi interact with the other girls gave Haerin a lot to think.

So, when they finally returned home, Haerin decided to request some help and guidance from Yoongi.

- Haerin POV -

When we were at dinner with Minji unnie and Hanni unnie, I realized that Y/n-ssi has an easy time talking to people when they actually want to talk.

Y/n has always been very nice and a good leader... but I never realized how good Y/n-ssi was at social interactions.

"Oppa, is that autism doctor you offered still an option for me?" I asked Yoongi Oppa while Y/n was getting ready for sleep.

Oppa had offer to pay for me to see a spectrum specialist a while ago but I refused because I didn't think I needed it.

"Yes, of course. But I thought you didn't think you needed one," Oppa responded.

I felt a bit embarrassed so I looked down at my feet as I answered him, "umm... I realize that I didn't even give it a try... and I would like to be of better assistance for Y/n but my autism gets in the way."

"Did something happen?" Oppa furrows his brows.

"Umm... I just didn't realize that Y/n wasn't being themselves lately. I thought they were fine because they behave the same way they always do with me," I answered him.

"Ahh, that," Oppa answered.

"Well, of course Y/n is going to act different with you. You make Y/n-ah happy and they probably don't want to worry you," Oppa tried to explain but it just made me feel worse.

"So, everyone noticed Y/n wasn't okay but me...," I whispered to myself.

"Hey, it's okay. No one expects you to just read people's minds or know what's going with them at all times. We're just happy you're here for us," Yoongi Oppa tried to comfort me.

"Bu-But I don't want that! I want to be there for Y/n-ssi without having to be told!" I yelled in frustration.

"You guys okay?" We suddenly heard Y/n-ssi said, poking their head out of our bedroom.

"Yeah, just go to sleep!" I answered a bit sternly.

"O-okay," Y/n responded.

I sighed in frustration and tried to calm myself down.

"Okay. It's okay, I'll call the doctor and get you an appointment. Just relax, Y/n is okay," Oppa tried to comfort me... but it seemed more like stressful words to me.

I headed to bed after but I couldn't sleep much. Bangle tried to help throughout the night and Y/n-ssi did too but it just made it worse.

I didn't like feeling like I had to constantly depend on others to know what was going on around me.

Fortunately, the next day I got to see the doctor.

"What are your main concerns?" The doctor asked.

"Umm... well I can't seem to read social queues as best as I would hope and I never really know how I should be responding to things. I want to be able to at least learn how to get better at that," I explained.

"Is there a particular event that brought this want for you? Typically, for people who are not on the spectrum, it is still hard for them to understand social queues and the appropriate reactions for things. That is because every individual and event is different. All we can is help you learn the basics and help you learn ways to communicate with people to better understand them," The doctor began to explain.