Chapter VII

(A/N: Aloha everyone! 🌻 

Again sorry, You had to wait so long! As always all feedback is welcome. 

Enjoy! Lealea! ❤️

You entered the hideout looking as though you had returned from a battlefield; you had blood all over your face.

Vincent, standing guard, was speechless. Although that could have been due to seeing the Roughskin who was still with you carrying Ellen. Even your uncle, who appeared moments later, looked frightened.

Everyone who had been drawn to the hall by the din of your return, seeing Othiel retreated swiftly. Only your parents, uncle, aunt, and Vincent, who still had to guard the entrance, remained, however reluctantly. Your mother didn't even reproach you for leaving the hiding place again without saying a word to her.

In a few sentences, you explained that your companions were taken from the hideout of the savages and need care. Bianca, Patrick's mother, took care of them; they got a hearty meal, and herbs to strengthen them, they could wash and sleep in peace. Later, there will be time for conversations and any questions, now they deserved rest above all. 

Barker never left Lilly an inch. Although the uncle frowned seeing the dog, he was convinced that he could betray you, but the aunt reprimanded him, saying that now you have a protector and you don't have to worry about such trifles.

Othiel, releasing Ellen from his arms, stood in the doorway, letting people revel in the horror of his appearance. You had the impression that he took a perverse pleasure in the fact that everyone around him was afraid.

Your aunt whispered to you to invite him to dinner. You looked questioningly at your uncle, and he only nodded, although his eyes were filled with anxiety and something else... Something you couldn't define, but you thought to yourself that you didn't like it.

You walked over to the Roughskin, who had probably heard the aunt's whisper already. You realized that he has much more sensitive hearing than humans. Somehow surprised by the offer,  he accepted the invitation.

'Thank you, but first I have to go for a while,' he said. 'I'll be back soon to eat with you.'

'OK, see you later, then. '

Thanks to this, you had a moment to assess how others view his presence in the hideout and the dinner.

'Are you sure you don't mind?' You asked the people around you, when Othiel left.

They shrugged, muttering something under their breath. They weren't so sure. Finally, however, your mother spoke up, stepping closer and trying to wipe the blood from your face.

'If you say he won't do anything to us, we trust you.'

'Well, I suppose he deserved some thanks,' the father added hesitantly.

Mark, passing by, holding his daughter in his arms, laughed jovially. 'Don't worry, we won't jump on him with a pitchfork.'

After these assurances, you felt a little calmer. Before Othiel returned, you went to Elijah to give him some medicine. Soon the fever subsided, to the relief of all those present around his bed. Bea kissed you happily, and Patrick almost tore your head off when he hugged you. However, you quickly ran back to the hall to await the guest there. You didn't want him walking around the factory alone.

Seeing him coming by the window, you opened the door for him. At the entrance, he assured that the savages were not chasing you, and he also brought a boar hunted a moment earlier for dinner. Guido and General took it from him, avoiding physical contact, and carried to the patio.