8 - Little house

Começar do início

No name, of course.

I opened the journals and sure enough, some of the pages were torn. My fingers traced the marks left by the pen on the unused paper.

Should I?

I did.

Two of them didn't make any sense. Whoever wrote in them had a very light hand. The other two weren't very readable either, no matter how much I tried to rub the graphite on them.

I recognized only one word in those two journals.

Dahlia.

It was written with intervals. In one it was scrawled, and in the other, it was written with words pushed together so much as if they were choking. In both of them, my name was at least four times. On one page.

I shut the journals and threw them deep into my closet.

Dahlia. I heard my name being whispered by one Elliot, or perhaps both of them.

Dahlia. It was Andros this time. His voice is so perfectly accented. Dahlia. Can I walk you out?

Their lips ticked my ear, traveling down. Dahlia. The whispers rose. Dahlia. Dahlia. Dahlia.

I opened my eyes, and the heat of my body went down.

Bobby gave me a funny look and walked out of my room.

I sighed, sitting down on my bed. This wasn't good.

This wasn't good at all.

"Screw them," Marie said. "Screw them. Like, screw them."

"You realize that you sound like you want her to fuck them, right?" Otto, who was sitting across the table asked, throwing a fry in his mouth. "You sound like a porn director."

"I do not," Marie said instantly. "I'm just really mad at those fucking guys." She sucked on her straw. Strawberry milkshake. I hated strawberries more than I hated any other fruit. Marie had started buying that milkshake to piss me off back when we were kids, but she liked it now.

I wouldn't be surprised if she hated it and drank it just to fuck with me.

"You'd be an excellent porn director," I told her. "I can just imagine you commanding a few naked guys with giant dicks."

"Giant dicks are scary," Marie muttered but then nodded. "But I would be a great director. I'd do none of that stepbrother bullshit. I'd made believable scenarios."

"Oh, I liked the Boss and assistant ones," I said. "They are usually hot. But I don't know if I like the power dynamic thing, you know?"

"Isn't the whole point of them demonstrating the power dynamic?" Marie said. "The power the boss has over the assistant. I think that is the only reason why people watch it."

Otto looked at both of us, blinking slowly as if he was in slow motion. "Girls watch porn?"

I laughed, looking at my fries. Too oily. "We were all teenagers once," I said. "Expecting great sex. But after getting through bad sex, you just want to scream at the video about how inaccurate it is."

He whistled lowly. "Really? It's fine for me."

"Porn is usually catered to men," Marie said, rolling her eyes. "We, women, are barely thought of in that."

"That's...sad," he said. "I think?"

I laughed, pulling away from the conversation as I looked around.