Chapter eighteen: The visiter

Atlas sleeps for what feels like days, as he finally lays awake in the middle of the unfamiliar bed, he looks around, the room is still.

There is no sign of life

No sign of anything or anyone living or breathing, just him, all alone. Or so he thought.

He heard the sound of her feet stomping up the hallway and towards the bedroom door, suddenly it slams open, as it does atlas suddenly recoils, his first reaction being to flinch and hide at the loud sound.

The door opened, and standing in it was Amber.

Just the way he remembered her.

Her curly blonde hair that went down to her hips, she always wore it in either a slicked back ponytail or just down, she looked better with her hair down, it gave her a more gentle effect.

And her brown eyes, the ones that though most would say look like dirt or are boring, Atlas loved them, he swore the brown of her eyes was not an ugly brown but a golden brown

Gold brown like the bark of a beautiful tree with heads carved into it with the sun shining golden flecks on it.

She was wearing her favorite outfit, a black dress with a white jacket, red lipstick, nude eye shadow, and black Mary-Janes.

Then he heard Sidney's voice echoing down the hallway.

"OH ATLAS! YOU HAVE A VISITOR BUNNY!"

He recognized her, it was hard for him not to, he recognized the angry frown that tugged at the edges of her lips.

"Bunny. What are you doing here sweetie? You know you should be home with me."

She walked towards him, her arms wrapped over her chest in an angry stance as she stood over him.

"Want to explain what you're doing, bunny? Why'd you run away from me? Were you scared or something?"

He felt a lump in his throat, he remembered the day he had broken up with her and she threw a tantrum, days after he packed his bags and hopped on the nearest train to London.

And that's when he found the All Girls School, which to him now felt like a bad luck charm, an evil place, Evil lurked in every hall, with every student, and that is why people were afraid.

Afraid of things like this.

"I-I'm sorry, Ma'am."

He mumbled under his breath, his eyes on the ground.

Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed at him, she walked towards him and slapped him across the face as hard as she could, she was angry and he knew it.

"You left. Like a stupid little bitch. What did I tell you would happen if you tried to leave atlas?"

He got a flashback, all the times they had argued, and she would grab a knife, threatening his throat with it when she was angry, and saying if he ever left her, she would slit his throat without a second thought.

"You would kill me. I remember"

"I knew you would. But that's okay bunny. I'm gonna give you a second chance, and if your good, next Thursday I'll take you back home, your mum and I miss you so much."

Suddenly her voice got low and sinister

"And if you cannot behave I will not hesitate to slit your throat and feed your pathetic weak body to the wolves. Understood?"

He understood exactly what she was saying, it was either do, or die. He had to follow her orders, even if it meant her taking him back home, at least he would still have some change to survive.

"I-I understand Ma'am"

He knew what had to happen now, he had to escape, before she could take him home, he had to find a way out, even if it meant playing into her disgusting commands.

"Ma'am, I'll be good I promise, will you please unhand-cuff me? I can serve you better if i can use my hands"

She smiles, she liked that he was asking for permission, it was exactly what she had wanted, obedience.

"Fine. But you are staying in this room, the door locks from the outside and Sidney will be monitoring it while I am getting everything ready for us to take you home."

She leaned over and pulled out a long black key ring, there was one short black eye and one silver key from her pocket, placing the short black key into the lock she slowly unlocked it, pulling the handcuffs off and placing them on the table. If the black key was the key to the handcuffs the other must be for the door.

She smirked down at him and softly ran her fingers thoroughly through his hair, an affection look on her face.

"Such a good boy. You are a good boy. Aren't you?"

"Yes ma'am...I am. May I kiss you?"

She smirked and took a step towards him

"Only because you asked nicely, she leaned down and kissed him, his hands traveled to her waist, and as they kissed he slid his hand into her pocket, sliding the black key ring into the sleeve of his shirt, he pulled away from the kiss.

"I'll see you soon bunny, be good"

And she quickly walked out of the room, shutting and locking the door from the outside.

But that didn't matter

Atlas had stolen the key, and now he could escape.