Chapter seventeen: discovery & investigation.

Alice woke up, she felt sick, her body was aching and she felt concussed, she didn't remember much of what had happened, or why they were even arguing. She just knew it was...bad when she tried to remember she would have dreams of just darkness, no answers.

She got up from bed, her eyes felt droopy as she walked out of her bedroom, one hand against the wall as she straggly walked.

"Atlas?"

She gently called out as she walked towards his bedroom door, she leaned her hand against the door and gently knocked.

"Atlas? Are you awake? Can I come in. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you Atlas truly I do I think you are quite lovely. I don't think your a bad person, I was just scared Atlas."

She felt guilt wash over her like the shore at the beach. She felt it crash into her stomach, making the knots tighten more.

She knew she had messed up, she never meant to react to him that way. She never wanted to hurt him. She knew about the abuse he suffered yet she thought she had the right to strike him. But she didn't. You never have a reason to strike someone you care for.

She felt guilty.

"Atlas, I'm coming in."

She took a deep breath, straightening her stance, steadying her walking, and forcing a soft smile as she grabbed the door knob and softly pushed her way into his bedroom.

She walks into his bedroom, her heart felt like it was leaping out of her chest, she looked at the bed, expecting to see Atlas lying there, but he wasn't there.

The navy blue sheets on his bed were empty, nothing but a blanket, a pillow, and a bedsheet.

"Atlas?"

She called out again, her eyes narrowing as she saw his empty bed. She looked around his bedroom, nothing seemed out of place, it was still neat and tidy, like he hadn't even been there. So where was he?

"Atlas!? What the hell!?"

She started to feel panic rising in her chest, how could he just be gone?!

She started to feel sick, something was wrong, something was odd, something dark was going on, but she didn't know what.

She sat in his room, examining his bedroom, it was so clean, it was never this clean, Atlas always got sad and too tired to finish cleaning his bedroom.

"Where are you atlas?"

Did he go home? Did he go out? I have to call the police! Someone has to do something.

She got up and grabbed her cell phone, she quickly downloaded 911.

"Hello? 911 what is your emergency?"

"My best friend Atlas, Atlas Bradly Carrington. He's missing from our dorm, and I think something bad has happened to him!"

Her voice was shaky, tears had already began to well up in her eyes as she spoke, all she could think about was atlas being in danger. She has to find him. And she has to do it soon.

"Okay Maam so you are saying you believe your best friend has been kidnapped?"

"Yes! He's been kidnapped!"

"Okay maam. I need you to take a deep breath. Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Um..yes... yeah okay."

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her body.

"What does Atlas look like? Can you describe him?"

"Uh..yeah..h-he uh he has this really dark raven black curly hair, it's kind of long but it's not super long. And he's really skinny and lanky, he's like 98 pounds I think. And he's only 5'2 but he's sixteen"

"Ok. Do you have any idea of who could have done this? Did he have any..enemies..? Anyone who would want to hurt or possibly kill him? Or anyone who would have bad intentions towards him?"

She stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of who this girl was, she didn't know her well, she didn't even really remember her name.

"Yes-y-yes. Yes. There is someone, she's a girl, she has blue eyes, a-and she's a student at school with him.. she has a crush on him and she recently assaulted him. I can't remember her name is something like Stacy...o-or sally, something with an s....I-I think..."

Suddenly she remembered, the girl was a part of student council and she had been wearing a badge a badge that said Sidney Jones

"Her name is Sidney Jones! She goes to Elliot Jane Boarding school with atlas and I, she is obsessed with him and she is crazy."

"Okay so we are on the look out for a Sidney Jones, we will be sending patrol out to look for her, please call back if you have any more details."

And then it was silent, the phone was hung up, and she had done everything she could. She stood up, her phone in her hand.

"I have to do more. I have to help him. I've gotta do it"

She looked out side through the window besides atlas's bed. She had decided to stay in his room, so she felt like she wasn't alone.

"I will find you Atlas. I promise. I'll find whoever this Sidney Jones is and I'll kick her butt."

And soon Alice grabbed her laptop, she opened Facebook and began to search for Sidney jones, she stayed up late, searching all social media, trying to find out more and more about Sidney Jones and what she could have done.

She stayed up until around four am, her eyes were droopy and she was half asleep, her hair put up in a messy bun with two strands hanging down in front of her face, she was wearing gray sweatpants and a grey hoodie, she was snuggled up and ready for bed, but she couldn't fall asleep, she had to learn more. She had to know everything.

And within the late hours of the night she discovered Sidney Jones's address.

And now she had a plan.

To save Atlas on her own.