Chapter 7: Alone

As atlas sat in Alice's arms, he couldn't help the strange feeling that was pounding in his chest, he liked her, he liked the way she smelled like sweet strawberries and honey, he liked the way her voice echoed like a sweet symphony, he liked the way her soft hands caressed his skin as she held him.

But he couldn't stop the anxiety that was constantly pounding in his chest, or the lump in his throat that made him feel like he was about to choke, or the desperate need to escape.

"GET OFF OF ME!"

He felt his heart pounding even faster as his hands began to tremble and he pushed her hands away, he looked at her, he couldn't stop the tears that began to well in his eyes

"L-leave me alone!"

Alice was surprised by his sudden outburst, the tears pouring down his cheeks and the way he was shaking, she didn't know what to do.

"Atlas please just calm down" she spoke in a soft tone as she took another step towards him, she put her hand out for him

With every step she took, every time she got closer to him he felt his anxiety get worse and worse, sweat began to drench his forehead, he took a step back, the door was open, he knew there was only one thing he could do.

Run.

So he did. He ran as fast as he could through the doors he grabbed his bag from the table and ran away from the party, into the dormitory, down the long hallway, and to his dorm.

His hands were still trembling as he pulled his key from his pocket, he slowly put the key in the lock, taking a deep breath as the door opened and he was finally alone.

he ran to his bedroom and sat alone on his bed, his breath slowly beginning to even out, he curled up in his bed, holding his pillow to his chest.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?!" he thought to himself as he let out a sigh

He felt a pain in his stomach as he groaned

"I'm so hungry"

He slowly climbed out of bed and walked to the kitchen, it was filled with snacks and treats, he opened the cupboard and began to browse, he opened the fridge and grabbed a slice of leftover pizza

As he threw it in the microwave he heard a voice hissing in his ear

"do you really need to eat that?"

It was ambers voice. Echoing in his head.

The microwaved beeped but suddenly he wasn't hungry anymore.

He shook his head and looked at the microwave, he turned his back and went to the bathroom, he took off his shirt and looked in the mirror, he couldn't help the disgust he felt as he looked at himself.

Flashback. October 12th 2021
"You could loose a few pounds"

He turned around to see amber leaning against the doorframe

"You've been eating so much lately, maybe you should go work out"

"What? I-I haven't been eating that much!"

Amber scoffed and rolled her eyes

"Im just saying don't eat so many cookies, you're like a baby hippo at this point"

He sighed, he wrapped his arms around his stomach

"I guess you're right"

"I'm always right, bunny!"

Flash back over

"baby hippo" he mumbled to himself as he squeezed his stomach, his thighs, his arms.

He sighed and climbed back into bed, his stomach still aching with hunger.

"goodnight baby hippo"