Chapter Seventy Five

Começar do início

"Well Harry and I just kept traveling. We read the book that Rita Skeeter wrote."

Noel smirked, "I thought it was great. I mean a little out there and there is no way that she was being a reliable source but the letters!? Great. Kingsley and my dad were talking about when PotterWatch started."

"How did that start up by the way?" Ron asked, eagerly. "I thought it was bloody brilliant."

"It was all Lee's idea. He had some of us meet up and we all did our specials. We had to stop for a while we didn't have any safe places and people on Noseless's side were catching on to us. We haven't made one in a while," she sighed.

"We heard it! When Ron had come back—"

"Wait! We missed that part about the sword." Hermione said, putting them back on track.

"Right. I came back. By the way, you were right about the Deluminator. Guiding me back and shit. That's how I found them."

Noel smiled, feeling giddy that she was correct about what the objects Dumbledore had left them.

"Okay, so that night I was on watch that night and I saw a doe—"

"Is your patronus a doe?"

"No," Noel laughed, "Mines a dove. Why would mine be a doe?"

"Well... you love Harry...?" Ron said a bit awkwardly, his cheeks growing red.

"Well I would argue that he loves me more so why wouldn't his be a dove? Anyway, a doe showed you...?"

"It led me to a small pool where the sword was laying at the bottom. Ron pulled me out and we sliced the locket in half." Harry said, he pulled the remnants out of his pocket and handed it to her.

Noel pulled them close to her and for a brief moment she felt incredibly light headed. Closing her eyes to keep her head from spinning she got a horrible feeling. Rolling her shoulders back she gave it back to him immediately.

Harry gave her a worried look but brushed it off for the moment.

"Okay, you broke the locket, what else?"

"Well we um, took a little trip to the Lovegood's..."

Noel narrowed her eyes, "And?"

"Do you believe in the Deathly Hallows!?"

"Excuse me?"

"Mr Lovegood told us that the 'Tale of Three Brothers' is supposed to be a children's retelling of the Deathly Hallows. The eldest brother received the Elder Wand, the second brother got the resurrection stone, and the youngest got the Cloak of Invisibility."

"Harry is a descendant of that one. Ignotus Peverell. I did know what." Noel said. "When I was younger I would research Wizard family trees." She explained.

"Right, do you believe in them?" Hermione pressed.

"I mean why wouldn't I? Harry's clock is physical proof of it. C'mon Hermione it isn't that hard to believe."

"Noel, a stone that brings back the dead? Really?"

"But it doesn't bring back the dead. In the story it clearly says that she wasn't actually back. 'Yet she was sad and cold, separated from him as by a veil.' That's what the story says. The whole point of the Deathy Hallows is that they shouldn't be wanted. It all leads them back to death. The inevitability of it.

The point of the children's tale is to give them a message to not be afraid of it and if you are then you would suffer the consequences of avoiding it. No matter how tempting the wand or the stone are, I shouldn't want them. I would want death to receive me as a friend."