sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Sanemi smirked deviously, his sword covered in Tsukumo's blood, the cobblestone of the courtyard paths had deep red blood seeping through the cracks.

Tsukumo coughed, the taste of his own blood dripping into the back of his throat. Tsukumo's arm had been cut off, separated from his body.

Tsukumo regenerated rather quickly, surprising Sanemi. However, Tsukumo had to stay huddled below his parasol now that his clothes were all torn from the hashiras blade.

Sanemi made sure to torment Tsukumo as much as he could. Sanemi's excuse for defying Master's orders was that Oyakata-Sama had told him not to bully the younger ones.

Yet, Tsukumo was 22, he didn't count as one of the "younger ones".

Sanemi stood over Tsukumo, who was trembling, he was rather cold. Tsukumo hadn't fought in a blood battle in a while. The last time he fought and felt genuine fear was Uppermoon 3.

But uppermoon 3 was a demon and Sanemi was a human, a hashira human. Tsukumo couldn't find it in himself to defy the hashira, as the demon respected him too much.

Tsukumo was familiar with Sanemi's angry and rather deceitful aura, making him forgive the hashira even after he had tried to hurt his sister.

So, as Sanemi stood over a crumbled up Tsukumo and his blade playing with the edge of Tsukumo's parasol, Tsukumo couldn't bring it in himself to say or do anything.

Sanemi growled, "Come on, now!"

Sanmei swiped his sword to the side, slicing Tsukumo's face, across his eyes. The blue blood quickly faded into red as it dripped down his face.

Sanemi stomped forward and without thinking, he sliced off Tsukumo's hands. The hands of which held the parasol... shielding the demon from the blistering sun...

Sanemi's eyes widened as the parasol fell to the ground and rolled away with the wind, and Tsukumo was left exposed to the brilliant sun.

Tomioka was leaving Shinobu's estate with the insect hashira in tow. After last night, Tomioka had found himself trying to work with the others. It took him a while and a lot of courage to speak informally with Shinobu.

Shinobu smiled, "I see... so you and Tsukumo are now courted? How exciting! We now have two weddings to look forward to among the hashira."

"Eh?" Tomioka tilted his head, "Oh, right... Mitsuri and Obanai, huh. But... Tsukumo hadn't proposed to me."

Shinobu blinked slowly, "Ah~ Do you want to get married?"

Tomioka meddled over the thought for a brief moment, a VERY brief moment, "Of course."

The insects hashira giggled, following after Tomioka blindly as neither one of them had a destination in mind, "Ara ara~ it's so good to see you so animated now! You know, maybe you should propose first?"

Tomioka smiled slightly, Shinobu's eyes widening, her own smile turning fond. Seeing Tomioka smile made her realize, once again, how genuine Tsukumo was. She would protect Tsukumo and Nezuko without any thought now.

"Kocho! Give me your haori, NOW!!"

Shinobu flinched, her brows furrowed, "Woah, Shinazugawa... calm down, what's go-"

Tomioka rushed forward without a second thought. When Giyuu saw Tsukumo, skin burning and limbs slowly turning into ash, he didn't think any further.

Tomioka quickly threw his haori over Tsukumo, but found that it didn't cover him completely.

"G-Giyuu..."

Within Tomioka's oceanic eyes held a vast dam, as it cracked, tears started streaming down the hashira's face.

"It.. it'll be okay! We can move you under the onning!" Tomioka rushed, folding Tsukumo's legs over his arms.

"Giyuu..." Tsukumo tried again, softly.

Tomioka finally looked down at the demon, a soft hand caressing his cheeks and wiping away his tears.

Tsukumo smiled as the suns rays didn't seem to affect him anymore and the burns began healing, "I'm okay, Giyuu..."

Shinobu was seen scolding Sanemi 6 feet away, the look of shame and regret present on Sanemi's usually cocky and confident face.

Tsukumo sat inside Shinobu's estate, Tomioka sitting in his lap with a now calm and serene look on his face. Tsukumo smiled gently, his hands on Tomioka's thighs.

Shinobu came in, rather unbothered by Tsukumo and Tomioka's intimate love language. First of all, Shinobu was aware of Tsukumo's very loving nature.

Second of all, she had seen almost EVERY mark that Tsukumo laid upon Tomioka's body. Shinobu was sure that if Tsukumo was human, he wouldn't be able to leave the house.

Shinobu sighed and set down some food by Tsukumo's bedside, "It seems Shinazugawa is rather regretful for what he had done, he keeps saying something about respect and honor."

Tsukumo chuckled brightly, bowing his head, "Thank you, Shinobu-San. If I was scolded like Shinazugawa-San was, I would be regretful too!"

Shinobu shook her head, "I cant believe him sometimes," she smiled, "it's good to see you well, even though this is a genuine surprise."

Tsukumo pursed his lips and reached out one of his arms, his hand exposed to the sunlight not burning. Tsukumo sighed, a bit nervous.

"I'm curious of it myself."

Shinobu tilted her head, "I wonder if it has to do with your blue spider lily blood, which makes me wonder if Muzan has this ability now as well."

Tsukumo's eyes widened in fear, "If he does... it'll be nearly impossible to defeat him... I've ruined it..."

"Eh? Ruined what?" Shinobu mused.

"I've ruined everything... the plan, to defeat Muzan will be impossible if he conquers the sun."

Shinobu hummed for a moment, "Perhaps, but if we go to war, I know you'll be fighting too. You're rather strong, Tsukumo... I believe we can do it!"

Tomioka curled up tighter in Tsukumo's hold, Tsukumo sighed a little in relief. The fear still subtly dragging along the branches inside his lungs, but the comfort from Tomioka's presence allowing Tsukumo to fully believe.

Tsukumo believed everything would be okay, eventually. Shinobu smiled genuinely at two, sad that these could be some of the final moments between anyone.

Shinobu was worried for everyone. While death came with the profession, with Tsukumo's help, everyone was able to find some peace with themselves.

Most of the fear they felt, the hatred, and the sadness, Tsukumo was able aid in. They found their peace and were happy now. They still wanted to kill and finalize the end of Muzan, but now, they had something to come back to.

That just made their determination to end Kibutsuji Muzan grow even more.