S̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ T̶w̶o̶: O̶n̶e̶

{words: 3007}

"UMAI!" Rengoku ate another spoonful of his noodles, "UMAI!"

Tsukumo picked at his food, he smiled and rose his chopsticks to Rengoku's mouth, "Umai."

Rengoku eats the noodles, his eyes sparkling, "UMAI!"

Tsukumo smiled calmly, his eyes noticed a demon slayer coming up to the Hashira, his face melted into one of anxiety. Hopefully this slayer didn't think he was a deceitful demon...

"Flame Hashira, stranger, forgive me for interrupting your meal together." They bowed.

Tsukumo sighs while Rengoku smiles and points to the empty chair across from them, "Okay! Take a seat here. Mister, bring this young man the same thing I'm having!"

The slayer tilts his head, "Are you sure it's okay?"

Rengoku smiles, "Of course! I'll have another bowl myself! Do you want any more, Tsukumo?"

Tsukumo shakes his head and the shop owner smiled brightly, "You sure eat with gusto, don't you? Just sit tight."

When the owner leaves the slayer leans in to whisper to the Hashira, "Flame Hashira, your work last night was stellar."

"No. It was after the demon fled, after all. How's the injured woman doing?" Rengoku asked, worried for the woman who was injured last night.

"According to the doctor, her wounds won't leave her with any scars."

Tsukumo nods slightly, "I see. Good thing she got treated early." He said quietly.

Rengoku nods in agreement, the slayer's eyes start to sparkle with admiration, "Yes. It's thanks to your heroics!"

The owner comes back with two bowls of noodles, placing them down, the slayer bows his head, "Thank you for the meal!"

The owner places another plate in front of Tsukumo, the demon furrows his brow, "What's this?"

"That's my treat."

Tsukumo looks down to the amazing looking tempura on the plate, before he can thank the owner, Rengoku beats him to it.

"Appreciate it!"

The slayer eats a full of his noodles, "Ah... Umai!
Mister, I bet you'd really thrive if you set up shop in Ueno!"

The owner narrows his eyes, "What do you know about it?"

Rengoku finishes his bowl of noodles and glances at the owner, "Mister, how's business these days?"

"Well how's it look to you?"

Tsukumo smiled tensely at the man and tilted his head, "Apologize for your rudeness."

The owner sweatdrops, "A-Ah, my apologies, sir..."

Rengoku shakes his head, "I'm sorry!"

"Thanks to all the talk about that Slasher being at large around here, people just stopped coming out at night. I even had to let my workers go."

He sighs, "They say that a conductor got killed the other day. On top of that, do you know that the Mugen Train is out of service now? Rumor has it that around 40 of its passengers just disappeared without a trace."

Tsukumo's eyes widened as a bright flash of kanji carved eyes blasts through his vision, he grips the table and hisses in pain.

"Ah, Tsukumo, are you okay?" Rengoku asks worriedly, looking over the demon.

Tsukumo lets out a shaky breath of air, "I'm fine."

Rengoku pursed his lips, staring back at the owner, "Oh, sounds ominous."