𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

Sanemi sulked the rest of the week, the pain in his chest not subsiding even after annihilating several demons and crushing over 100 training dummies.

No matter his regret, Sanemi couldn't find it in his heart to face Tsukumo. Through all the spite and fury that laid beneath his soul, was a small flower of hope, a tiny one.

With Tsukumo's frequent sunlight and nurturing nature, the flower seemed to bloom. The flower didn't stop or cure the spite, if anything, it flourished within it.

Sanemi groaned in anger, sparring with Obanai. Obanai halted all of his attacks once he realized that Sanemi wasn't focusing enough to make decisive maneuvers.

Obanai pursed his lips, "Shinazugawa, you're loosing focus again."

"Shut up." Sanmei sneered, stabbing his sword into the ground, "How dare that demon! How dare he?!"

Obanai blinked, sighing and slowly sheathing his blade, "Tsukumo? What about him?"

"He... he knew about him! He knew his fucking name and everything, just like Oyakata-Sama... it makes no sense... he knew everything about me... even after I cut off his arms, even after I tortured and almost burned him alive, he never looked at me with fear or disgust..."

Obanai narrowed his eyes, "You what? Does Tomioka or Master know what you did?"

Sanemi glared at Obanai, "Of course not... Tsukumo... he threatened Shinobu and Tomioka to not say anything to the Master... he even apologized to me for being born at all."

"But Tomioka doesn't know what you did? No one but me does?" Obanai sneered, "You've hurt Mitsuri's brother, I won't forgive you for it."

"Obanai-Sama..." A soft voice spoke up from the courtyard, "I do not wish to come between the bond of the Hashira."

"Tsukumo-San... my apologies..."

Tsukumo smiled brightly, bowing his head deeply at the two Hashira, standing below the veranda.

"Don't apologize, Obanai-Sama... I actually wished to bring you two something." Tsukumo lifted up a small box with a beautiful smile.

Handing a small box to Obanai and then a warm bag to Sanemi, "Obanai-Sama, I know you don't eat much but Mitsuri-Nee said that you like Tororo-Konbu!"

Tsukumo bowed, "I added some more herbs and protein to hopefully aid in your lack of appetite, I hope you enjoy!"

The demon turned to Sanemi, "I made you a Bento box with Ohagi and rice! Please enjoy."

Sanemi blinked for a moment before bowing down on the ground, his body relieved of any anger or anxiety just by looking at Tsukumo's smile.

Obanai didn't falter as he suddenly did the same thing, "Thank you, Tsukumo-Sama..." they both muttered.

Tsukumo chuckled before gently patting both of their heads, "Don't bow to me, I am not deserving of your respect, especially as a demon. If you enjoy the meal, I'll cook for you whenever you'd like."

"Kamado-Sama! The Flame Hashira is looking for you. Also, Kocho-San said she would like to see your blood again."

Tsukumo turned and looked at the kakushi who gaped at the two hashira bowing to the demon, the kakushi became very fearful when the hashira glared at their lack of respect for Tsukumo, not even bowing to him.

"Ah, I see..." Tsukumo looked down at his arm then, pulling out an empty flask and then frowning at the Hashira, "Please excuse me."

Tsukumo held his hand up to his arm, long and sharp claws forming from his nails, he dug viciously into his skin. Beautiful blue liquid dripped from the wound and into the flask, blue spider lilies blooming around the injury and petals falling into the vial.

Sanemi's eyes were entranced with the blood, while he couldn't tell the exact color of the demon's blood, he could tell it definitely wasn't normal.

When Sanemi attacked Tsukumo, his blood was normal. Though now, it was a dark and ravenous blue. Obanai gazed shamelessly at the blood, wondering what Shinobu could want with it.

Finally, when the flask was full, Tsukumo's wound easily regenerated without a single drop of his blood ruining the veranda.

The kakushi was one of the only people who was able to transport the blood without it turning into a crimson red. Signifying their pure nature, only those with pure intentions are able to touch the blood.

The kakushi who transports the blood, Rengoku, Tomioka, Tanjiro, Kagaya, and Mitsuri, were the only people who could touch the blood.

Nezuko tried, but because the was a demon, she was inpure by nature no matter how kind or docile she was. It made the transportation and experimentation of Tsukumo's blood a lot harder.

"Ah, why is Kyōjuro-Nii looking for me?"

"Kyojuro? -Nii?" 

The kakushi bowed in silence, quickly taking the vial of blood and waving Tsukumo goodbye. The demon sighed and smiled at the two hashira, "Thank you two, for everything."

"You have no reason to thank us, Tsukumo-Sama..."

Tsukumo chuckled, his laugh causing the two hashira to go light in the head, "I appreciate you Hashira, training yourself to death, saving the innocent and accomplishing Oyakata-Sama's goal time and time again, for the sake of humanity, you are the true heroes."

"Tsukumo-Nii!" Rengoku called out, slamming into Tsukumo's side as he buried him in a bone crushing hug, "Let's go eat, you haven't been feeding me and food has been tasting offly bland!"

Tsukumo grinned, "Of course, let's go, Kyojuro-Nii."

"What the fuck... what if... what if I want to be fed by Tsukumo-Sama?"

Tsukumo was cooking within Kyojuro's house, Tomioka sitting at the dining table with Rengoku while Tsukumo prepared their breakfast with some tea. Through the peaceful atmosphere was a sudden change. 

A dark aura was sensed leaking from Tsukumo, Rengoku was able to feel it, notice it, and furrow his brow. Tomioka frowned when he heard something crash violently in the kitchen, him and Rengoku got up to check on the demon preparing their meal.

Tsukumo sat on his heels, kneeling on the floor and clutching his bracelet within his trembling hands, a matching one given to Nezuko and Tanjiro for protection. The bracelet was laced with Tsukumo's blood, able to be activated if the person called for his name, it would shield them with a his signature dome. 

Tsukumo was sure that his younger siblings wouldn't need it. However, as the bracelet burned through his wrist and caught his skin on fire for a brief moment, did he realize something. Looking through Tanjiro's eyes, Tsukumo saw something he never wished to see.

His younger sister, alit by flames. Burning in the sunlight, shrinking down as Tanjiro began experiencing a panic attack. Tsukumo wouldn't be able to make it to her in time, neither would he be able to shield the swordsmith's from the demon trying to attack them. 

But he damn sure would try.