🅃🅆🄴🄽🅃🅈-🅃🅆🄾

{words: 2627}

Tsukumo grinned at Nezuko, who shrunk and wrapped her arms around his forearm, she hugged him tightly and hummed in satisfaction.

"So.." Sanemi said, coughing out, he was going to continue before-

Tanjiro broke out of the ropes before rushing forward to the patio, checking on both Tsukumo (who had gotten off of Sanemi) and Nezuko, who seemed to be having a lot of fun dangling on Tsukumo's arm.

Kagaya smiled, "What just happened?"

Hinaki spoke softly, "The demons ignored Shinazugawa, even though they were both attacked by him."

Kagaya smiled, "So now, it's been proven that they won't attack humans, right?"

Sanemi kissed his teeth, dusting off his uniforms in hopes of getting Tsukumo's scent off of him, the mere thought of Tsukumo holding so much power over him made him angry inside. He hated it.

"Tanjiro, I am sure that even after this, there are some who can't accept Nezuko or Tsukumo. You must prove it to them starting now... that you and Tsukumo can fight as Demon Slayers, that you can be useful." Kagaya spoke softly, Tanjiro's body moved on its own.

Tanjiro put his face into the ground, bowing to Kagaya, "What is this feeling? It's like I'm floating. His voice... Is it because of this man's voice that I'm feeling light in the head?"

Kagaya spoke once again, his voice fluid and gentle, "Go out and defeat a Twelve Kizuki. Do that, and you'll be accepted by all. And it will give more weight to your words."

Tanjiro sits up, the words of this calm and endearing man gave the young slayer a rush of confidence, "I... Tsukumo and I will defeat Muzan Kibutsuji! Tsukumo and I will do it for sure! Strike with the sword that will stop the chain of grief!"

Tsukumo looked down at Nezuko, who was cradled like a little baby in his large arms, he held her gently. This... this girl would defeat Kibutsuji? Tsukumo laughed inside.

As if Muzan could ever get his hands on her...

Tsukumo thought darkly, he instinctively held the girl closer to his chest, watching in adoration as his younger sister clutched his haori softly in her tiny hands and pulled him ever more towards her small body.

Kagaya's fluid tone interrupted Tsukumo's thoughts, "It goes without saying that the Hashiras of the Demon Slayer Corps have phenomenal skills."

The master's eyes seemed to gaze over the Hashira, as if being able to see exactly where they were, "After training themselves to death, they have defied death, and they've also defeated Twelve Kizuki."

Tsukumo hummed, and proceeded to sit criss-cross on the ground, his knee bent and supporting his protective hold of Nezuko.

"Yes! A good attitude to have!" Rengoku yelled out.

"That is why Hashiras receive respect and preferential treatment. So, Tanjiro, Tsukumo, mind your manners when you speak." Kagaya said, tilting his chin down, and sensing Tanjiro's presence.

Tanjiro nodded slowly, "H-Hai... Oyakata-Sama..."

Tsukumo smiled, "Yes, Oyakata-Sama"

"One more thing, Sanemi, Obanai... Don't torment the younger ones too much."

Sanemi and Obanai both lowered their heads and body's in a respectful bow; both of them accepting Kagaya's words.

Kagaya feels a slight tug on his haori, and he immediately smiled, "Tsukumo, is there something I am missing?"