T҉w҉e҉l҉v҉e҉

{words: 2045}

"Rare blood... Rare blood... If I can just consume some.. Fifty.. no, a hundred! I have to find more humans with rare blood and consume them.. that way," The Demond's eye lights up demonically as a scripted encryption is revealed among his iris,

"I can reclaim my position among the twelve kizuki!"

Tsukumo dot-eyed, "Well, this'll be interesting.."

He calmly maneuvers around as the room spun around right as his hands went to the side to catch himself, the sound of the drum shifting him into a room with furniture spread across.

Tsukumo hummed as a book of some sort was thrown into the back of his head, Tsukumo furrowed his brows in confusion and spun around, "What was that?"

'He... he didn't even flinch!!'

'Can this guy defeat Tanjiro??'

Teruko burst into tears, running away from her brother and towards Tsukumo, wrapping herself around his legs, "Wahhhh!!!! Tsukumo!!"

The older brother blinked, "So you're Tanjiro, who's he?"

Tanjiro smiled, sort of relieved that his older brother had found him, "That... that is Kamado Tsukumo, my oldest brother."

The boy nods, "Ah. I see."

"Now then," Tanjiro reassessed the situation, "let me see your wounds. Good job for hanging in there on your own."

Teruko rubbed her face into Tsukumo's haori, he didn't even flinch or grimace at her tears ruining his uniform, he simply held her until she calmed down.

The older brother, who is now identified as Kiyoshi, breaks down his barriers and begins to cry, "Mmm."

Teruko turns away from Tsukumo, her tiny hands still gripping his haori as she frowns, "Onii-Chan..."

Tanjiro hummed, pulling out a small parcel from his belt storage, gently unwrapping it, "This ointment here is amazing! My sensei gave it to me! My sensei always wears a tengu mask."

Tanjiro makes conversation as to not startle the older brother or Teruko while he aids Kiyoshi's injury, making Kiyoshi comfortable around him.

"Tengu? Really?"

Tsukumo nodded, and bent down towards Teruko as to pick her up, holding her with complete ease; Tsukumo gently smiled, not quite a ear to ear smile, but it was kind natured and small.

"Yes, he is impressive, though he is a madman."

Kiyoshi chuckled, his attention being quickly directed towards his rapidly healing injury, "Woah."

"Okay! You're all set. Well, is the pain gone?" Tanjiro asked kindly, carefully inspecting the wound.

"Hai!"

Tanjiro nodded happily, and reconciled with Kiyoshi as he remembered his mission, "Ah, now, do you think you could tell me what happened here?"

"Mm. Yes. A monster dragged me away, a-and I nearly got eaten. Bu-But just then, another monster showed up out of nowhere, a-and they started fighting to the death... It was over... who was gonna get to e-eat me."