𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘖𝘯𝘦

[Tsukumo does NOT wear a muzzle and has different hanafuda earrings and mark]

{words: 3946}

"Tanjiro, your face is covered in soot. You know," Kie bent down with her knees in the snow, wiping Tanjiro's face, "you should ask Tsukumo to take the coal instead. He's stronger you know."

Tanjiro puffed his lips out in a pout, "B-But, he protects you guys, an-and I want everyone to eat their fill on New Years. So I'm going to sell as much coal as I can while Onii-Chan takes care of you."

Kie smiles kindly, "Thank you."

"Onii-Chan!!"

Tanjiro turns his head towards the sounds of his younger siblings, Shigeru and Hanako, Takeo comes out from behind them.

Shigeru noticed Tanjiro's backpack of coal, "You're going to town again today?"

"I'm going with you!" Hanako cheers, excitedly jumping over to her big brother.

Kie stands up, shaking her head firmly, "Oh no, you're not. You know you can't walk fast like Tanjiro."

Shigeru starts whining, "Mooommmm!!!"

Kie stays stern, "You may not. Since he can't use the cart today, he won't be able to give you a ride when you're tired."

"Onii-Chan!" Shigeru runs to Tanjiro, clinging to his side, "What about if big Onii-Chan goes with us? He's super strong and he can carry us!"

Hanako shakes her head with determination, "Yeah! Plus, I promise I'll help you! I wanna go!"

Tanjiro pats Hanako's head, just like Tsukumo does, "Thank you, Hanako. But you're staying home today. You too, Shigeru. But I'll get you tons of goodies today, okay?"

"Really?"

Tanjiro smiled, "Yeah, and I'll read for you when I get back Hanako."

Kie puts her hand on Tanjiro's shoulder, "Thank you so much, Tanjiro."

Tanjiro smiled and nods at his mother, looking at Takeo, "Takeo, cut as much wood as you can today, okay? If you need help, ask Onii-Chan."

Takeo pouts, turning away from Tanjiro, "But I wanted to cut wood with you, Tanjiro."

Takeo blushed in embarrassment as Tanjiro walked over and pat his head with a warm smile, "What's with that all of a sudden?"

Shigeru narrows his eyes in a taunting manner, "You're blushing, Take."

"Hey! You, shut up! I said cut it out!!"

The family laughs at Takeo's tsundere attitude, perking up as they hear the tatami doors opening. Tsukumo stood in the door with a soft smile.

 Tsukumo stood in the door with a soft smile