Chapter Thirteen

Tyson, a Light Fae that could track anyone across state lines, was more than willing to help Virek. He was a tall man with wide, broad shoulders, a short torso, dark beard and shoulder length reddish brown hair. His blue eyes were soft and charming and despite his large frame, he was soft spoken and respectful. He met Virek, Axel and Sven in front of Virek's building and they led him upstairs.

Before she and Kris were asked to leave, Ryan reluctantly gave him a t-shirt that belonged to Drue and uncomfortably watched him sniff every inch of it.

Virek, Axel and Sven watched as Tyson wandered around the apartment, sniffing like one of those dogs at the airport. He started from the door when Drue walked in, to her bedroom where she took off her sneakers, to the couch where she sat down to watch a movie and finally, to the counter where she was attacked. "I got a scent," he announced. "I'm picking up two male scents."

Virek, Axel and Sven all looked at each other but didn't say anything.

Tyson walked up to the front door and sniffed the doorknob and the doorframe. "She was dragging out of here," he said. When he turned around, Virek, Axel and Sven hadn't moved. "Well, are y'all coming or not?"

Tyson sat in the backseat and with the window open, he directed them to the Harp, a run down and closed theater. Axel parked his SUV in the alleyway behind the theater. "Her scent ends here but I smell about five other Fae in there as well."

"If one of them is Basil, we have to assume that they're all Dark Fae," Virek said.

"So, what are the rules here, boss?" Axel asked.

"The rules only apply to Tyson." Virek turned to him and said, "If you want to stay in the car, I won't argue."

"The Undine in there, she important?" Tyson asked.

Before Virek could respond, he felt Axel and Sven's eyes on him from the front of the car. "She's being hunted by Witches and Mercenaries, so maybe?" he replied, flatly. "Either way, we have to get her out of there."

"So, let's go."

Virek nodded at Tyson. "Glad you can tag along, mate. I'll go through the front, and you can lead the twins through the back."

"Boss, are you sure--"

"They won't be expecting me, Axel. It should give you enough time to find Drue and get her out."

"But what about you?" Sven asked. "Axel and I won't be--"

"Sven, I'm good, bruv. The priority is Drue." He looked at the younger twin and gave him a reassuring nod, before the four of them stepped out of the truck. Virek walked up to the theater's front doors, which were locked with a chain and a padlock. He looked around before his eyes turned dark blue. He grabbed the padlock and watched as the long chain became covered in electricity before he pulled the padlock down, shattering the chain in half. He pulled the doors open and walked inside.

At the back of the theater, Tyson led the twins into the building using a ladder connected to a fire escape. Axel jumped up and grabbed the last rung of the ladder, pulling it down. Tyson was the first one, followed by Sven and Axel last. The fire escape led to a window on the second floor. Once inside, the three men kept close to the walls, using the shadows for camouflage. They reached an archway that opened up onto the upstairs balcony. The balcony overlooked the main stage of the Harp Theater's auditorium. The theater had been abandoned for fifty years and the ceiling, a painted night sky over a garden, was cracked down the middle. Sold to a furniture company in 1974, the stage was littered with chairs, tables and broken cabinetry.

"Come on, we have to find Drue," Axel whispered.

Tyson sniffed the air and began tiptoeing across the balcony. "This way."