PART 61

Narrator

Everybody woke up to a cold, freezing icy day. With a chance of snow too.

"Why's it so cold in this time of year?" Y/n groaned, looking out the window.

Meanwhile, Haerin had slept outside, and woken up in the freezing cold.

Haerin's POV

I went to visit Wonyoung in the hospital the night before, but I got back too late and the door was locked, so I had to sleep in a tent at the back.

It's really cold, and I can barely feel my hands and feet. My eyes were iced shut and I had to open them with reasonable force.

The grass below me was now frozen and spiky, kinda.

I got up and knocked on the door as hard as I could, but the knocks weren't loud enough.

"P-please open.." I trembled. I could see my breath clearly.

I pounded on the door one last time, but the door opened before my hand could touch it, and I fell through the doorway, and landed on someone. Their touch was warm. Very warm.

It was Cheolie. I looked up at him and saw that he hadn't slept much either.

"Why were you sleeping outside?" He asked. "You're stone cold."

I remembered Wonyoung's face and how damaged it was.

"I want to go upstairs, please let go of me," I said firmly.

"O-okay, I'm sorry." He let go of me, but I felt a little empty without his warm touch.

I stood up, still shaking and headed upstairs, when someone stopped me.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Chaewon said, holding my shoulders. "Are you okay? Where've you been?"

"I'm cold.." I muttered.

"I've turned the heat on. You should go find Cheol. He's a little upset, and you could help a lot." She said.

"What happened with Cheolie and Wonyoung yesterday.. will I end up like that too?" I said.

"Haerin. Look at me." Chaewon looked me in the eye. "You know that Cheol only hurts bad people right?"

"I know that.." I murmured.

"He would NEVER. EVER, dare to attack you. Got it? I'm sure he loves you more than anything I know of, and if anything, he's willing to protect you at all costs." She continued.

"O-okay," I said, feeling a bit better. "Thank you."

She patted me on the back and we separated.

I went up and had a hot shower and cleaned up before going back downstairs. Everyone was having breakfast by the time I got there.

"Where were you last night?" Eunchae said. "Come sit, you must be hungry."

It felt kinda weird that Eunchae was being nice. It's always been obvious that she took a disliking to me.