PART 22

Narrator
(Timeskip - 6 months into the future)

The tragic death of Kim Cheol had affected many.

School violence died down since the disappearance of the top dogs, Jungwon, Taehyun and Yunjin occurred.

This gave the girls time to focus on their music, and they became world famous.

Ever since Hong Eunchae found out about Cheol's death, she tries to keep her mind off of it by often listening and being supportive of NewJeans' music, and focusing on school and studying, as it reminded her of her memories with Cheol and Changho.

Y/n became a  24/7 bodyguard for NewJeans, taking after Cheol's job, and broke up with Minji on mutual terms. The fans often catch Y/n in the backgrounds of NewJeans YouTube videos and Phoning lives flirting with the members.

Kang Haerin took it the worst. She still sometimes has chain-thoughts about Cheol and cries herself to sleep. She carries the stuffed frog around dorms with her, or keeps it in her backpack for when she doesn't feel comfortable. Over time, she grew more quiet and talked to the other members less and less, having an observant cat-like personality.

Kim Chaewon transferred to Eunchae's school and often hangs out with her, they get along really well.

Bangchan now seeks a professional wrestling career.

As for Yeonjun...

Y/n's POV
I watch from backstage as the girls finish up their OMG performance.

My heart is glowing, it's glowing
My heart is glowing up
So I can't sleep at night

They wave as the fans go mad.

I finish my coffee and throw the cup away, preparing to get the girls through the airport past all the flashing cameras and loud fans.

The girls come running in, cheering to themselves.

"Hey, Y/n!" Danielle said happily.

"You were all great out there," I said.

"We've got a Phoning Live to host later on tonight, and one more show tomorrow, and then we can have a break!" Minji said, as we cheered.

At the airport, we were swarmed by media, as per usual.

I made sure they kept their distance, until something unusual happened.

A random guy rushed through the crowd, charging at Haerin with a weapon.

I heard her let out a little squeal before I grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him away, as the other bodyguards pin him down.

Later, during the phoning live, the girls were eating food while speaking to the fans.

Y/nxhaerin162: is Y/n not allowed to eat?

Hannislostshoe: Y/n in the back is questioning life lmaooooo

njbestgg: there's 100% cat food in Haerin's noodles

"Y/n-ah, come eat!" Dani yelled over to me.

I sat down in between Dani and Haerin, and grabbed a bowl of noodles and started eating.