Chapter 31

Sara

Today my family celebrated my first wedding Anniversary like its a very big achievement, achievement my foot. They were on cloud nine that i had baby with in a yr.

I wanted to scream louder and throw everything and tell them that i dont want this celebration, but i couldnt do it in front of family. Thus I did it in front of him, my husband who is the reason for my pain. He asked sry the audacity of this guy. I must tell he should have became an actor instead of doctor, his acting skills sometimes makes me think like he is not a bad person, but things he wrote in his diary says otherwise.

Before i could sync and understand what is marriage, i got a child. With in a yr my whole life changed. I dont know why i broke down infront of him but i did, may be coz he was the root cause for my agony.

I told him to go away, he did. But he came back after 3 days.

' If i didnt come here, our parents will get doubt, pls allow me to visit you. I will not disturb you' he pleaded. I allowed him.

Months flew just like that. Harsh is 8 month old now. My maternity leave will be ending soon, I have to rejoin my job. Rejoining was not an issue, but i m supposed to attend a training in chennai for 3 months. It was unexpected one, i thought i will join in the branch which i worked early.

The problem is how can i go to chennai to attend training, who will take care of Harsh, i still feed him. My parents are going to Australia, to stay with my brother. They will return only for Harsh first bday along with my brother.

.

"Sara leave the job. I thought to ask you to apply for leave extension" Janaki told Sara who was sitting holding her head with her hands.

"Is it possible to apply for few more months medical leave Sara" Purushothaman enquired about the possibility.

"Appa, u know better. We cant apply for Medical leave with LOP also, without working for a month or so" Sara said irritated.

"Thats why i am telling you to leave the job. Anyways Ansh is earning enough whats the necessity for u to go for job." Janaki.

"What do you say" Janaki asked her husband. He nodded a yes, agreeing to his wife suggestion.

"Maa, are you crazy." Sara boomed.

"Sahasra" Purushothaman warned his daughter for disrespecting his wife.

"What Appa. You were the one who told me to became independent now again u are telling me to give up my career? Whats wrong with you people" Sara shouted.

"What else we should do? Shall we cancel our trip to Australia. Who will take care of Harsh in chennai in your absence" Janaki yelled back.

"I will take care" voice came from the entrance, there stood Ansh.

"Come in Ansh. When did u came, why were you standing out. Come and sit i will bring coffee for you" Janaki hurriedly stood up.

Ansh "Its ok Athai, i just now had breakfast. Coming to your question i came when Sara was telling about her training in chennai"

Purushothaman "What brought you here Ansh. I mean its sunday, u will be in clinic at this time, usually u will come here in the evening."

Ansh "I took a day off mama, also Amma wanted me to ask on what date you are sending Sara and baby to our home. As Harsh will be in his 9th month in few days"

Janaki "We were discussing that only Ansh, now Sara is telling she has training and all that, i m telling her to resign if she cant avoid this training. Who will take care of them in chennai"

"I will take care Athai" Ansh said casually.

"What? How you will take care what about ur job and the clinic" Purushothaman exclaimed.

"Actually i was planning to restart the renovation of the clinic, so i have to stop practicing there. And coming to my job, i will apply for 3 months leave no problem mama.

I have a friend over there in chennai, i will try to get a flat for rent near by Sara's work location. Problem solved" Ansh said with a smile.

"But what Seenu Anna and Lakshmi will tell" Janaki asked hesitantly.

Ansh "My parents will be more than happy Athai dont worry"

After a week, Sara and Harsh went to Ansh home and then th e couple along with their baby reached chennai.

As said Ansh arranged for a flat near by Sara's work place. Rahul has already filled the house with all necessary items.

After reaching, Ansh and Sara unpacked and arranged the things, while Rahul took care of the baby.

They ordered dinner from outside, as they were really tired, Rahul retired to his home post dinner.

.

In bedroom,

"Ammu I told Mama to send ur scooty here, if you travel in two wheeler you can reach home quick. Store ur milk in the bottle. I will give him solid food, incase if he became so cranky i can feed him the milk" Ansh said arranging the bed.

Sara "What did the hospital administrator said for 3 months break"

"I told u na.. i took leave" Ansh replied fastly.

"Dont even try...Tell me what did they say" Sara asked authoritatively.

Ansh "Well, u caught me. They didnt agree for leave. So i resigned"

Sara "Then"

Ansh "Thats all"

Sara folded her hands infront of her chest.

"Hmm... I paid a month salary as a compensation" Ansh said meekly.

"Anyways i dont want to work there. Its a corporate, they loot the patients.
I will open our clinic as a hospital for full time after going back, trust me" Ansh continued with his puppy eyes.

Sara just nodded, and lied hugging Harsh.

So, yeah... I wanted to write about the struggle of financially independent girls, face post marriage.

Parents who teach their girl child the importance of being financially independent want them to give up their career for the sake of family.

It happens in all most every semi-urban women life in southern india. I dont know about other parts so i m writing about my place.

Adding to that, Postpartum depression have a great toll on women. Before they could understand what is marriage, they have a baby in their hands, and it is considered as a big achievement. I know nowadays getting pregnant is difficult, but women do need some time to adapt themself to the new lifestyle, and to know their life partner more before planning child.

Here Ansh, helped Sara to follow her passion and career. But in reality there are not to many men like him exist.

Ok enough of my lecture... Now now share your opinion. It will boost me to write btr