Chapter 01

[THIRD PERSON]

There are two people who wake up at the same time, same country but neither at the same place or bed.

They're both preparing for their work today.

The older one is wearing a casual dress, while the younger one is wearing a formal attire.

After their breakfast, they bid goodbyes to their loved ones.

* * *
[JENNIE's POV]

Stepping on the school ground, students are starting to look on my way. Some of them are looking at me with a genuine smile on their faces while the others are looks like it's their first time to see a walking-goddess.

I can't blame them tho, if they were seeing me as a goddess, 'cause that is a fact. Fact that came from the people I encounter most of the time.

I headed to the certain office to talk to Dean Marcus about my work here at PLM National High School.

Knocking three times then the door opened widely.

There's this man with a neat suit sitting in front of his table with a loads of papers on the top.

“Good morning Dean” I greeted. He looked at me right away when I thought he recognizes my voice.

“Ms. Kim?! Finally! You accepted my offer” He said grinning from ear to ear. “Please have a seat” I sat across his table.

“If only I wasn't a Dean lister before, I wouldn't have accepted this offer” I joked.

“You love me and that was the main reason why you considered my offer” He chuckle. Yeah that's true.

“Yeah, if you say so Grandpa I mocked him. I love teasing this man to be honest. He pouted looking like a duck “God, not that looks” Imagine! A man with his 70's, pouting. My God, I suddenly remember someone I knew in the past.

“I may be a Grandpa, but still look like an early middle aged man” He laugh out loud and I noticed his assistant gave him a weird looks. “Okay sorry, let proceed to our main agenda”

After the talked, he guided me going to the said office. I got confused when I saw the inside. I was expecting I'm going to see the faculty members, but seems like this office is provided for one person only.

“I assume you're expecting to see the others” He said like he read my thoughts

I assume you're expecting to see the others” He said like he read my thoughts. “A year ago, I proposed to my shareholders that I want to build an offices for each one of the faculty members so they can have their alone time or their privacy. So... here's yours, this was done last week. I hope you like the interior. I personally requested this to my great Architect buddy” He explained.

I roamed my eyes and I already love the designs.

“Yeah I love it! I love the interior, it simple but looks elegant. Thank you so much for the efforts Dad” I sincerely said. “And I want to meet that great Architect of yours, so I can thank them personally” I added.

“Anything for you my GranddaughterHe said which made me laugh. “Sure, I will gonna set a dinner date for you two to meet. If she's not busy anymore”

“That's good to hear Grandpa

“But still I prefer for you to call me Dad”

“So me as obedient daughter– okay I will calling you that”

After almost an hour of touring, we finally stopped infront of the 3rd grade room.

“So... this is your students room, let's get inside I will introduce you to them”

When we got inside, the kids were looking at me confusedly. I smile at them but they didn't reciprocate. ‘They're too serious’

“Okay kids... Good morning by the way” He greeted and they greet him back. “So kids, I'll introduce your new Teacher” He pointed at me so I smile and wave at them but still with their serious faces “Don't worry kids she won't bite. So like I said, she's your Teacher from now on”

“Hi good morning kids, I'm Teacher Ruby Jane Kim, but just call me Teacher Jane” some of them greeted me back, but most of them didn't. I shifted my gaze to Dean. I'm so confused why lot of them are too serious.

“I'm sorry if they treat you this way. They got traumatized I think” He whispered the last words.

“Traumatized from what?” I got more confused.

“To their former teacher. She's very strict, always gave them a homework, sometimes pinching the kids if they can't answer her questions on the board” He sadly explain.

“Where is she now?”

“Maybe finding a new job”

A moment of silence. I sighed before facing the kids. I shows my gummy smile, hoping that I can tame them.

“Kids... I hope we can be friends... hope I can gain your trust. Don't worry I'm not a bad person, I won't do what your former teacher did to you guys, I promise that. To be honest... I love kids, that's why I chose this job” I sincerely said. My eyes got watered when I finally saw them all smiled. They apologized for their behaviour.

When everything is fine, Dean was about to leave but someone barged inside. I hold my breath for a seconds when I saw the person at the door.

“I'm sorry if I am late” She apologize.

* * *

A/N: Sorry for my wrong grammar. English is not my language, so bear with it.