"Hey, I'm not saying she is, but what if Wonyoung is dead?" Yeonjun asked.

"Well, if she hypothetically died, I'd send all of us in there. It'd be chaos." I gripped the steering wheel tighter.

We sat in silence for a while, before Yeonjun broke the silence. He was always a conversation starter.

"Hey, how'd you meet Yoongi?" He asked.

"We met quite some time ago. I was looking for work." I reminisced. "What was he like when you met him?"

"Uhh.. he was really strong, but I was smacked around by him often.." he said.

"Yoongi did get out of hand at times," I said. "Don't worry. It'll be alright."

Yeonjun gave me a sad smile. He's clearly been through a lot.

"How come you're so nice?" He asked. "Contract killers are usually heartless."

I softly chuckled.

"When I was young, my wife and I were happily in love. Very happy." I explained. "We had stable jobs, we lived together, everything was great."

"When I found out she was pregnant, I couldn't believe it. I was going to become a father." I reminisced.

"But everything changed one night." I toned down. "The baby was 2 months away from coming, and I was so, so excited."

I was returning from work one night, like normal.

"It's a girl," Jennie said, holding her belly.

"What should we name her?" I said in excitement.

I met Jennie in high school, and we kicked off. She was my high-school girlfriend, and we never separated since.

"We're going to be parents." She said softly.

"I'm going to actually be a dad," I said in amazement, kissing her belly. "I can't believe it."

I heard a knock at the door.

"I'll go get it, okay?" I kissed her on the forehead.

"Who is ittt?" I called out to the door.

"I'm from downstairs!" The voice said. "There's water leaking through the ceiling, I just want to check your bathroom if that's okay!"

We lived in a slightly run down apartment, but we never had any water issues before. I thought nothing of it though.

"Oh okay," I unlocked the door.

The door burst open and loads of men wearing masks and holding bats stormed in and grabbed at our belongings.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What are you doing?!" I yelled.

I went back into the bedroom to my wife.

"Why are there men here?" I asked.

She had a sad look on her face.

"What? Tell me!" I said.

ASPHYXIA | NewJeans x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें