Prologue

February 2, 2022

Dear, Freen, My Mate

I told you, don't open this letter on the wrong date? Mate, our worlds may be different, but I can tell what you're doing down there. God allowed me to peek a little what you do. Just in case you disappear from the mission I gave you.

Mate, on that side of the beach where we first met, I kept a glass jar and a treasure map, you can dig it about three steps from the tower, not towards the rocks, a bit towards the sand beach. But, it looks like you'll be exhausted from digging it up, I set up pretty tight security. Uhm, yeah, just ignore it, don't look for it. Lmao.

Mate, today, I want you to look in the mirror, and say "Annyeong haseyo" with a bunny face. Just that. See ya!

Saint, Your Mate

That's not even funny, Freen whispered.

Freen looked at the far end of the ocean that stretched wide, blue and white. The wind hit the shirt that was deliberately unbuttoned, a white butterfly carving appeared from the center of her chest, they called it Pieris, the carving was covered by a sleeveless shirt, only the tips of her wings were visible. The two white butterflies were deliberately painted as if they were flying over her skin.

Saint is not the closest person to Freen, he is forced to be a part of Freen's life, even more important than anything Freen has. Saint donates the organs she needs most to lead the life she doesn't really want.

The rocks on the beach where Freen stood always witnessed her flying the paper airplane into the open sea. The white paper covered with Saint's handwriting, returned to Saint. It is on this beach that the stranger hero's final resting place is.

He is a medical intern who has stage four brain cancer, seeking Freen to his hometown to offer her a miracle that Freen didn't even expect.

"Hey! It turns out you're here!" The man was wearing dark glasses, the glare of the afternoon sun was unfriendly to him.

Freen turned her head briefly, then she ignored the man. From childhood she was taught not to talk to strangers.

"Can I have the water please?" The man saw that there were two bottles of drinking water beside Freen, his throat felt very dry. Freen threw the bottle. Freen was taught to help strangers.

"I'm a Saint!" Not only does it relieve thirst, the water increases the Saint's power. "Freen?" With a name being called by a man she didn't know, Freen should feel scared, but don't know why, Freen felt safe, there was no need to run away.

Again, Freen didn't ask Saint anything, she felt like she didn't need to know anything.

"0891" The number that Saint mentioned got Freen's full attention. Freen's eyes fluttered a bit from what she heard, it was her data number at the Orc's Medical Center Hospital, the heart transplant center.

"I did an internship there," Saint understood Freen's confused look, now he turned his back to the sun, blocking Freen from the afternoon sunbeams.

"So?" Freen was bothered by the existence of the Saint in front of her, "Could you step aside a bit?" Saint obeyed, the afternoon light again embraced Freen's body.

"Hmm, OK. I thought this news would come as a bit of a shock, but I beg you to listen carefully." Pausing slightly, Saint had prepared his words, "I will be your donor." Yes, Saint's words were straight to the point. Short and clear.

However, Saint hopes for more than just sitting still and looking at the ocean. Saint wanted Freen to feel happy and jump here and there with the expression he had imagined, but Freen's reciprocity did not meet Saint's expectations. Yes, Saint felt a little disappointed.

Nothing was said. Saint waited for a reply, but Freen didn't know what to think. She didn't seem to think anything of it.

"I have to be back in an hour, can you say something? For example, Hooray? That's enough."

Saint has a handsome face and nice voice, athletic body, black hair, and pure white skin. 'He looks healthy.' That's what Freen thought.

"Okay, uhm tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll come back to you. But please, don't be here anymore, at least we can have tea at home. Bye?" Saint went a bit further.

Watching the man slowly drift away, Freen only wanted to ask one thing, "Why me?" Freen's scream reached Saint's ears. But Saint just smiled and waved, he left the coast, Freen's favorite place.

Freen hugged herself, the strong wind didn't manage to make her go home. She stood longer than usual. She just wasn't ready. It took quite a long time for this task. It seemed to her that Saint could see what she was doing. So, the mission this time was really embarrassing for her.

Finally,
She took out the phone and opened the camera app, she took a deep breath and carried out the always silly Saint's errand, " Annyeonghaseyo," plus a bunny expression. Finished.

Freen looked left and right, afraid that someone would see her. She still felt the shame of being caught red-handed by others doing all the useless things of a Saint.

Freen took another look at the waves crashing into the rock, then she said quietly, "Enough. I'm going home." Saint may have heard of it or not, she don't know. What is certain is that she has tried to do it, even though she never promised anything to Saint to carry out all those missions.