Chapter 14

Hea went home that day smiling. Something very rare and her father was definitely shocked.

He watched her ignore him and walk up the stairs to her room, not passing a sarcastic comment or anything. Just smiling and lost in thoughts.

Same with Jimin. The lady watched him from afar as he came home smiling widely.

Something she's never seen and it made her furious. Just as she was about to go to him, Jisung saw the situation and came up to her, distracting her. He was glad he finally saw his brother happy since the last couple months.

The following morning, Hea and Jimin were talking about fiction books when Mrs. Lee came in. She announced that there would be no classes since the teachers had exam planning.

The students were happy. All but one.

Hea was bored out of the world. She didn't want to distract Jimin since he was reading so intently.

So not having any other choice, the girl sneaked out of the classroom and went to her favorite place in the school. The rooftop.

She sat on the edge watching the clouds and thinking.

Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her. Just from the scent, she recognized the person and smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

"I-I followed you.."

She chuckled, amused.
"THE Park Jimin breaking rules? Since when?"

Nevertheless, Hea turned to the shy boy and patted a space next to her.

He smiled a bit and joined her.

"This," She motioned to the rooftop somewhat dramatically, "Is where I come when I skip classes."

"So no one else comes here?" He asked, curiously.

"Nope. Only three people know this part of the school is functioning. Daniel, you and me."

"Ohhh." He said, looking as cute as a puppy now discovering something.

"Why'd you follow me?" She brought the topic back up, now turning to look at him.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing." He told her meekly.

"Haha alright."

The two stayed in silence, comfortable silence.

"What do you do when you come here?" Jimin asked, breaking the silence.

"Hmm. I think." She shrugged making him nod.

"But sometimes I watch how much people trip over that stump over there and I laugh."

Jimin turned to her and burst out laughing. "Typical you."

"Yep. Typical me." She smiled, staring at him, who was staring down.

With a small grateful smile, Hea turned back to watching the sky.

"You know. I sometimes wonder why I couldn't be more like you." She blurted out softly. 

Jimin looked at her curiously. "What do you mean?"

"You're so quiet and calm. But me, I get angry and annoyed at the slightest things. Always getting into fights and trouble. Because of that most people hate me, but it's not like I care. I mean, the only person who I care about their opinion is my dad. And trust me, he hates my guts." Hea spoke all she was thinking and then chuckled sadly at the end.

Jimin looked at her. He could tell she was sad. He could tell she wanted to be weak for once. But he also knew, she hated being seen as weak in front of others.