Chapter 5- Loved (+A/N)

(Some more notes:

NK is male. 

SK is trans, but prefers She/her.

And some more countries will come later I'm lazy. :\

In countryhumans, you can get prosthetics. The reason the countries are the only ones to use it and not humans is because they have different anatomy and it doesn't work on humans. Also, don't ask me to draw it, because I have a horrible imagination and I'm not a scientist nor would I be good at being one.

Once again, countries differ from their governments. However, when war is waged, the countries have to fight, even if they are family or friends.

Thank you for reading my rant again.)

"Come on, North! We'd better walk home before it rains!"

NK's sister, South Korea, called for him. He knew how cold rain could get in the fall. He'd rather stay out of it. 

"Fine, just slow down!" North Korea called back. 

"Hmph. You're slower than a snail."

NK looked up to the sky. Definitely was about to rain. He rushed on home so his art supplies wouldn't get wet. 

Five seconds after they ran home and slammed the door behind them, rain started to fall. SK sighed, "I wanted to go biking. Oh well." 

NK ignored her and sat down on the couch. He got out his sketchbook and decided to draw.

What should I draw? NK wasn't sure. He decided to draw a sketch of America. It wasn't hard to do. NK had photographic memory. It sort of automatically "switched on" whenever he was looking at someone. SK asked if he wanted to train it a bit, so he could control what he remembered. NK declined.

"Is that Ame?" SK asked. NK jumped. When did she walk up to him?

"Yeah," He responded, not wanting to converse and got back to drawing.

"It's really good, like always," SK continued, "But you don't seem like the type of person to draw Ame. Did you become friends?" 

NK stayed silent.

"Don't try to avoid the question."

"Okay, fine. Yes, we did," NK said, "Happy now that you have that information?"

"You two actually got along?" SK asked.

"Yes. Anything wrong with that?" NK glared.

"No, no. Nothing. I suppose it's because countries differ from their governments." 

NK continued his sketch. He remembered the Korean war. It had hurt to go against his brother. And his left arm was changed completely. 

He put his pencil down and stared at the prosthetic. The war never had to happen. But it did. NK figured maybe the friendship with America was worth it. Kim would definitely be mad. 

"Anyways," SK continued.

"What?" NK asked. Did he just miss her whole conversation?

SK sighed. "I was talking about our schedules. We don't share any classes on Mondays and Thursdays. Wednesdays there are no specials because of early out, just Math, Science, History, and World Languages and Cultures. We already know we don't share those classes." 

NK thought. "Hmm, I have Art for period 3 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 6th period for those days..." He took his schedule out of his bag and checked it, "P.E."

"Aw." SK looked sad, "I have Robotics 3rd and Chorus 6th for Tuesday and Thursday. We don't share any classes?"

"They most likely did that on purpose," NK mentioned, "Because we're twins."