Chapter 1- Oops, you lost! (+A/N)

(Okay some notes. 

Australia's a girl.

New Zealand's a girl

Canada's a boy.

Ame's trans but prefers he/him.

UK's male.

France is Female.

Ages don't really matter in this AU because no one has died of old age. They still celebrate birthdays though. 

Because ages don't matter two people with a huge age difference can date.

Countries aren't born when they are formed/made a territory/something else IDK, but rather they're born somewhat earlier so a newborn doesn't end up having to be a country. How old they are before they become a country/colony/territory differs from person to person. The youngest age so far for someone to turn into an independent country is 13. 

All countries go to a school to learn about history, new discoveries from other countries, and just sort of hang out I guess. UN claims it helps when there's social interaction between countries.

Ame doesn't have 50 children as well as the territories and D.C., they just look at him as a father figure. He visits all of them sometimes.

That's it I guess. Hope you enjoyed my rant.)

...

It was over.

All of it.

Nothing could help.

Ame lost a game of Candyland.

Ame had been known to be "The Lucky Wizard of Candyland" in his house, mainly because he was very good at the game. However, that day, fate decided to jinx him.

"There's no way!" Ame exclaimed. 

"It always had been possible," Ame's older brother, Canada, nicknamed Nada, said, "It just finally happened."

"You can't always win, Ame!" Australia, otherwise known as Aussie, teased.

The youngest of the four siblings, New Zealand, also known as Zea, simply clapped her hands with joy. "I win!" She squealed excitedly. 

Their parents, France and UK, chuckled. Ame was practically steaming with anger.

"I have never lost a single Candyland game!" Ame protested.

"Until now." UK pointed out, taking a sip of his tea. 

"Aw, Ame, don't be sad. I'm sure you can win next time." France tried to lighten his mood.

Ame smiled, "You're right, mom. I'll crush it next time!" 

"That's more like it!" 

Weekends were like this. Most of the time at least. Nothing could possibly beat Zea's favorite board game. Well, in Zea's opinion, anyways. 

"I'm going to get ready for bed." Canada mentioned.

"Honey, it's only 7:00 pm. Are you sure? You can stay up for much longer." France asked. 

"Yes maman," the country replied, "Tomorrow's Monday, and we'll be going to school." 

"Oh, I forgot." Aussie admitted, "Maybe this night I won't stay up talking with Ebony."

Ebony was Australia's pet snake. They were a Spotted Python. The very second Ame heard Aussie was getting a pet snake, he freaked out. At least he didn't share a room with the creature. Zea, on the other hand, instantly started jumping up and down, asking "Can I pet it? Can I pet it? Can I pet it?" Canada was neutral about the decision. 

France shook her head and sighed, "Why do you do that, Aussie? You need sleep." Aussie always claimed it was "because Ebony understands and replies back." Seriously, where did she learn how to speak snake? How could Ebony talk back to Aussie? 

Ame got up and started walking upstairs. He'd been through that conversation too many times. He brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. Ame shared a room with Canada, and across from that was Aussie and Zea's room. Also the Python.

Further down the hall was France and UK's room. Further up lead to a bathroom. After the bathroom, there were stairs that lead downstairs, where Ame currently didn't really want to be because France and Aussie were still talking in their long, repeated conversation that Ame heard way too often. Past the stairs was another room, which had it's own bathroom inside it. It was originally meant to be a bedroom, but it was now a study room. Ame didn't use it often though. It was still a painful memory... 

Ame shook his head. He didn't want to think about it. Better to leave it alone for now. He took off his sunglasses. Many people said he wore them for the looks. He didn't. He wore it because of his light sensitive eyes. He wasn't born with the problem with his vision. 

Another reason he hated snakes. 

He put on his sleeping mask and got into bed. Tomorrow was school. He would see many friendly countries, and many who were not.

Tomorrow, however, he had plans to fix his friendship with someone. 

Big time.