Chapter 4- Oh Brother...

Canada was doing just fine. He hoped Ame was too. The start of school could get pretty chaotic. 

Anyways, there he was, in his 4th period class: Art. Like every other class, they went over emergency protocols first, then moved on with the actual class. It was alright. They made sketchbooks and got to sketch a little. They had to draw someplace they wanted to go someday, whether real or imaginary. Canada drew Kyiv. 

Then the bell rang, signaling that it was time to leave. The art teacher, EAC, seemed startled as well. 

"Oh my, I forgot to warn you a few minutes earlier. Oh well, too late now. You have lunch at this time. Class dismissed." EAC let the students walk away. One student, however, seemed to be having issues as she picked up pieces of torn paper off the floor. She wore a flower crown, and her flag had two horizontal stripes: the top blue, the bottom yellow. 

"Here. Let me help." Canada walked over to her and helped her pick up the pieces of paper. He noticed one of them said "Ottawa." He thought about that for a second, then asked, "Was this your sketchbook?"

The girl nodded. Curious, Canada asked, "What happened? Why is it torn?"

"One of the boys in the class was making fun of me." The girl replied sadly, "He tore up my sketchbook, and then said I would get a bad grade because I wouldn't have one to grade at the end of the year."

The two students heard a sigh. EAC was standing behind them. "Ukraine, the next time you're in this class, point out to me who did it. I can have a talk with them." 

Ukraine nodded. "Okay, Miss."

EAC continued. "If you want, you can have lunch in here. Just go down to the cafeteria, get your lunch, and come back. I'll write you a pass so you can skip the waiting and go to the front of the line. Once you finish your lunch, we can work on making you a new sketchbook, and possibly redo the sketch today."

Ukraine thought for a moment, "It'll be lonely, but it'll work."

Canada piped up, "Miss, if I may, is it possible for me to eat lunch with Ukraine? So she won't be alone?"

"Sure, Canada. That would be good." EAC said. 

So off they went. They got their lunch and quickly returned. On the way, Ukraine asked, "How did you know my name?"

"I heard Miss EAC say it." Canada replied.

"Hmm, so you're Canada? Do you have a brother called America?"

Canada looked at her shocked, "Yes, how did you know?"

Ukraine fiddled with her tray, "My brother, Russia, told me about America. He mentioned you were his sibling. Russia called America 'Annoying'. Is he annoying to you?"

Canada thought for a moment, "Sometimes, but he does it with love for me and the rest of our family. Russia and Ame aren't really friends, so it makes sense why he said Ame was annoying. I just think he's a little misunderstood."

Ukraine nodded, "Considering what I hear about American stereotypes, that makes sense." 

"Oh, those? They're very inaccurate. Ame himself is nothing like that." Canada warned.

Ukraine laughed "Okay, okay. Oh, and thanks for staying with me. I would feel lonely if I had to eat lunch alone." 

"No problem."

So they arrived, sat down, and ate lunch. They finished quickly, and started on the sketchbook. Canada helped Ukraine bind it. Pretty soon, Ukraine was also done with the sketch.

"What do you think?" She asked.

The picture was beautiful, despite only being a sketch. Canada noticed she put "Ottawa" above it. 

"You want to go to Ottawa?" He asked.

Ukraine stayed a little silent, "Yes," she whispered, "I didn't have a computer to find images on since those come in tomorrow. I drew it based off of descriptions people gave me."

"It's not 100% accurate," Canada mentioned, "But it's really good."

"Huh." Ukraine said, "What did you draw?"

"Kyiv."

"No way! Kyiv is my capital city!" Ukraine exclaimed.

"And Ottawa is mine." Canada chuckled, "We drew each other's capitals. Funny."

"Nice. What's your next class?" Ukraine asked. 

"Math."

"Mine's History." 

"Cool."

"Hey, you two," EAC called. I'd go back to the lunch room, throw away your trash, sit at a table, and wait to be dismissed. Lunch ends in 5 minutes."

"Okay, thanks Miss EAC!" Ukraine called and got up. She put her new sketchbook away, took her tray, and walked to the door, "Come on, Nada!"

Canada got up with his tray and said bye to EAC, "Where'd you come up the nickname?" he asked Ukraine.

"I just thought of it," she shrugged.

"My brother calls me that." Canada mentioned. 

"Cool. It was nice getting to know you. You're a good friend." 

Canada threw away his trash, "I am?" 

"Yeah. I've never talked with someone else as much as I have with you." Ukraine said before she left to sit at a table. Canada saw a country with a white, blue, and red flag gesturing her to come over. Canada guessed that was Russia. 

"Huh." Nada said, dumbstruck.

After spotting Ame in the crowd, Canada went to sit by his brother. "Hey, Nada. Where were you?" 

Canada smiled, "Eating lunch with Ukraine in Art."

"Ukraine?" Ame questioned.

Canada giggled and said, "You don't know? She's Russia's sister."

"Oh."

"Maybe you could talk with her one day." Canada suggested.

"Okay," Ame agreed.

Canada didn't just say that because he wanted Ukraine to meet his family. He did it knowing it might fix Ame's relationship with Russia. Either way, Canada was excited knowing he could visit his friend again.