𝘋𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘤𝘩𝘰

Start from the beginning

Ivan grabs my free hand, squeezing it lightly to comfort me. I release a deep breath and slowly remove my nail from my mouth, waiting for my father to say something..anything.

"I'll see what I can do," he reluctantly says and my eyebrows raise in shock that he is actually listening to me.

"Thank you papá," I sigh in relief and he nods.

"What exactly did he want and what were Luca and Danny doing all that time?" Ivan angrily asks, failing to keep his cool. His hands are still balled up in fists.

I quickly give them a short explanation of everything, well almost everything. I decide to leave out the part of Joseph grabbing my face because Ivan and my father look like they are ready to kill someone.

"We should increase security, maybe get a female bodyguard so that way she can follow Lina in places where Luca and Danny can't," Ivan suggests to my father, who nods.

"Luca is in charge of my security," I remind them. "And there will be no increase of security," I firmly say, earning a displeased look from the both of them.

If I get another bodyguard, a female one, she will literally follow me everywhere then I truly will be a prisoner.

"Luca will only get more suspicious if I tell him to increase security..maybe even take it as an insult," I explain.

Luca was already awake when I got out of my room. He wanted to talk to me about yesterday but I told him I needed to talk to my father about the engagement party.

A complete lie but he bought it.

"If he gets suspicious, he will tell Nathan," I look directly at my father knowing that he doesn't want the Santoro's to know about Joseph.

But neither do I.

I don't know exactly who they are or what they do but I know they are dangerous.

If Nathan finds out about Joseph I'm scared of what he might do.

"I-we want you safe, Lina. He had a gun, do you understand what could have happened?" Ivan breathes, running a hand through his curly hair again.

I squeeze his hand. "Yes, I understand but if Nathan finds out about Joseph he will kill him. And I already explained that I don't want that to happen," I swallow harshly.

Ivan lets out a 'tsk' of disapproval while my father keeps quiet, contemplating something as he fidgets with his watch. "Ivan, figure out an excuse as to why Luca should increase security. He likes you better than me and it will be less suspicious if it comes from you," he clears his throat.

My eyes widen. "But-"

"It doesn't have to be a female bodyguard, Adelina, increasing security in general will be better for your safety. After what you just told us I'm not taking anymore chances," he cuts me off and my mouth closes.

"You are my daughter," he glances at Ivan. "I want you safe," he says and I lean back on the chair, confused by his words.

If he does care about me he sure does have a shitty way of showing it.

I nod, catching a glimpse of my nails and noticing that they are too short. I have got to stop biting my nails.

"Thank you..the both of you for listening to me," I whisper, looking at Ivan who gives me a soft smile and then to my father who just gives me a quick nod.

I get up from the chair, excusing myself before going back to my room to get ready for the tour of the venue that I have...with Nathan.

Which should be interesting.