Chapter 11: Sidekick's Warning

It was quiet. Too quiet, awkward, and tense for Izuku, making him wonder why he even asked to come with his Dad in the first place. Then he remembered. It was to spend more time around Sir Nighteye. But despite that, he can't even ask a single question since he promised he wasn't going to make any trouble for his dad and the hero sidekick. In the end, Izuku could only let out a sigh and resumed sheepishly staring back at Sir Nighteye who was walking behind him and his father.

The small greenet began lightly kicking his feet in the air in boredom and he began playing with the edge of the back collar of his dad's shirt.

"Izuku," His dad suddenly called his name, causing the greenet to perk up, and he looked over to his dad to respond.

"Yeah, Dad?" Izuku responded.

"Did you want to ask Sir Nighteye a question? If he's okay with answering one, you can ask him." His dad told Izuku.

"E-eh?" Izuku could only respond as he looked at his dad in confusion, then what his dad said finally registered in his head.

"R-really?!" Izuku asked to make sure, and his dad nodded and looked back at Sir Nighteye like it was like a signal, and the hero sidekick nodded as he fixed the position of his glasses.

"If it's a question I can answer, I don't see why not." He told the little greenet with a tone in his voice like he had just been convinced to do so a moment ago.

Izuku's eyes immediately began to glitter at the chance he was given and he immediately gave his thanks before excitedly asking the hero sidekick, "S-Sir, what is your Quirk?! And how do you use your Quirk to help as All Might's sidekick?!"

But then he immediately backtracked and shrunk as he realized his mistake, "A-ah! That was two questions-- s-sorry."

Izuku heard his dad stop a chuckle before he felt his dad's fingers run through his green hair and begin to caress his head in an effort to comfort him.

"It's alright," Sir Nighteye replied, "I can answer like it was just one question."

"My Quirk is called Foresight. By touching my target and making eye contact with them, I can see the actions they will take in the future in a third person point-of-view," Mirai explained how his Quirk functioned, but before he continued with the explanation of how he utilizes his Quirk as All Might's sidekick, he looked back at the small child's father and glared at him.

Izuku saw a slight smirk appear on his dad's face in the corner of his eye, but he forgot about it as soon as Sir Nighteye resumed.

"I act as reconnaissance for any large scale operations we have. Depending on the information we may need, I make contact with the suspects undercover and extract the info from their future, may it be the location or directions to hideouts and bases, confirmation of suspected related parties or victims, or just the amount of security in their base."

"Other than that, however, I am simply All Might's secretary, handling the paperwork his agency is mandated to submit to the Hero Public Safety Commission." Mirai finished his answer as he fixed the position of his glasses again.

He looked back at the small greenet in the former villain's arms, but almost flinched when he saw an unmistakeable look in his emerald green eyes, almost obsessive in nature. He felt creeped out by it, but he dismissed that feeling.

"H-how..." The small greenet then asked another question, "How far into the future can you see?"

"It's virtually limitless, though the further into the future I look, the less clear the details are." Mirai answered truthfully as he averted gazes with the small greenet, and not thinking about where the question would be heading.