Chapter 10: Imagined Facade

NOTES: Did you guys know I almost deleted the last chapter as I was going through the final proofread for it? :D I would've abandoned this au as a whole if I actually ended up doing that.

Now, excuse me while I question my life choices and the choices I made for my AUs, huhuhu. T^T

---

It was the day after the heroes' meeting with the former villain, All for One. Mirai had received the go-ahead to move in to the Midoriya household, and has just arrived at the south entrance of the manor. Right now, he was standing in front of his new host family, and he was finally able to meet the family's matriarch.

"Good morning, Inko-san. I'm really sorry for the intrusion, and thank you for letting me live with you for a while." Mirai greeted the green-haired woman as he bowed to her.

Inko just chuckled, "It's no issue, Sasaki-san. I hope you feel right at home here. I'm glad to be helping the sidekick of my husband's hero friend-- which is still weird to say."

Mirai took pause as the matriarch said that, All for One did mention that he said All Might was an old acquaintance, but did he lie about that? Or did he lie about this--

I said he was an acquaintance, but my son misinterpreted what I said and it was relayed as 'friend'. Mirai suddenly heard the former villain's voice ring in his head and correct his assumption.

Mirai subconsciously looked over to the former villain and then to the youngest Midoriya, who was excitedly bouncing up and down in his older brother's arms as he looked at Mirai. The two sons of the family were stationed a few feet back from their parents, standing just beside a few servants.

To think that the small child would be this excited just seeing Mirai, who was by all means, just All Might's glorified secretary, it painted an even clearer impression of the kid for Mirai.

Mirai is barely in the news and only a few articles detail him as All Might's sidekick since he barely goes out in the field. He's better with paper work and as the voice in All Might's earpiece, so that's what he's been doing. It also appeared that the child didn't even know about him until he met All Might, but he was this excited nonetheless.

This kid is... Mirai was thinking to himself.

"Please leave all your belongings to our maids and servants. They'll take your luggages to your room and help you unpack. And then, Hisashi-kun will show you to your room and your office are." The matriarch told the hero sidekick.

"I would accompany you and be a proper host if I could, but I need to leave for work today." The matriarch nervously chuckled. It did made him curious why she was in a business attire when they were only greeting him, but that clearly explains it. He just happened to arrive as she was about to leave.

"Well, I'm leaving now. I hope you feel right at home here, Sasaki-san." Inko gave a slight bow to Mirai, which the latter returned before they both straightened their postures.

"Ah, before I leave," But Inko suddenly said.

Hisashi was taken by surprise when the collar of his shirt was suddenly pulled downwards, causing him to bend his body forward and towards his wife, leaving only a few inches in between his face and hers. He then noticed that Inko was now holding the collar of his shirt and he immediately realized what just happened.

"I really can just bow, I-Inko." Hisashi said with wide eyes as he tried his best to keep his composure, but his wife only replied with a frowning pout.

"Don't you dare, Hisashi-kun! I like it this way." Inko told her husband with a smile before giving him a small peck on the lips. Hisashi's face then became just a bit red, which made Inko just chuckle.